PDA

View Full Version : Flickering video

Bob A
08-25-2004, 11:00 AM
I am working on a project in TED that I just want to take to tape.
I basically just played the project in TED and hit the record button on my VCR. When I reviewed the VHS tape, I noticed flickering images (some stills) and video. Is this the correct procedure to master to a tape?

On another subject, I have graphic overlays using Digital Juice jump backs. I made a cg page (saved as an rtv) that will move across the screen in time with the Digital Juice jump back. The graphic I made does not move smoothly. What could be the problem?

RandyM
08-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Bob, I'm not an expert, but for your second question, I would do it all in TED, including the moving CG page. I'd save the CG as PNG and then use TED to move it how you want with the DJ background.

Faraz
08-26-2004, 05:21 PM
On your first question, yes it is usually perfectly fine to do a Crash-Record, VT3 can do a Print to Tape, but it isn't pracitical for VHS. How does the output look on a NTSC monitor when your VHS is recording? If it looks fine, that means the problem is coming from your VHS deck, not VT3.

One the second question, I would follow the same advice. The graphic might be jittery because your system is not properly rendering it... You might want to try just to play back the clip alone, without "Enable Overlay"

Bob A
08-27-2004, 05:05 PM
When you say it isn't practical for VHS do you mean there is a better way to take a project to VHS tape? I still have several wedding clients that want VHS tape instead of DVD.