PDA

View Full Version : New VT3 build MAJOR PROBLEMS

rmcwilson
08-24-2004, 02:27 PM
System:
Dual Xeon 2.8, 1GB ram, scsi raid, dual monitor

I updated the VT3 to the newest build. Now I am having severe audio issues in either of the DV capture modes. If I use PCM audio, then it plays audio from some other video file off of my raid array, not the audio from that program (in Toaster DDR or VT edit)

If I play the same file in Windows Media, everything is perfect.

If I capture DV with normal DV audio, then there are huge gaps with no audio in VT DDR or VT Edit, the audio that is there is WAY out of sync, and when I play the captured file in Windows Media, the audio is in sync, and all there....BUT it is popping, cracking, and distorted beyond recognition.

ALSO, when used as a LIVE switcher, I am getting EVEN MORE of the 2 or 3 frames of colored-static that plagued the earlier build of VT3.

ALSO, the CG causes VT to crash when live switching...that was supposed to be fixed in this build. This is very frustrating, and it was the integrated CG that was a major factor in my choice of the VT.

ALSO, the new build is EXTREMELY sluggish on live switching...if possible, I may try to revert the update...I can deal with the few issues I thought were bad before...this is horrible.

Please help!

Jim_C
08-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Uninstall, reinstall VT3 software.

djlithium
08-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Understand that with several of the new improvements the system load changed, so your old settings are not going to work in general. You may also have to go back through and make sure all of the switches for certain things like "put preview on black" etc etc. are correct for system optimization. I do believe in the install that is its default, but you may want to check. Small stuff like this cause a big hoohorah last year because so many people are confused by the "autoconfig util" and the numbers it spits out.

When you did the latest update? did you pull down direct X 9.whateverB which would be the latest version which helps solve some of these issues with the switcher and the Tvisions??

Give that a try for sure.

rmcwilson
08-30-2004, 08:36 PM
As far as uninstalling-reinstalling, I had just updated to the latest build.

Would I reinstall the original build that came with the unit, then re-apply the latest build off the web?

Randy