PDA

View Full Version : Building plugins on Mac OS X

KeenanCrane
08-24-2004, 10:11 AM
I've been looking for a way to contact NewTek developer relations about this, but they don't seem to have an email address!

Anyway, I'm trying to compile some of the example shaders in the LightWave SDK. Unfortunately it looks like the guide on building plugins hasn't been updated since ~2001 (even though it's the "LightWave 8" SDK).

Has anyone had any luck compiling SDK examples in OS X? I've made some progress, but neither the Mac nor UNIX instructions are completely correct for OS X.

Thanks,

Keenan

KeenanCrane
08-24-2004, 10:14 AM
I've also noticed there's no developer section in this forum... does NewTek just not want people developing for LightWave? :D

munky
08-25-2004, 03:43 AM
Hi Keenan,

you would be better off posting this in the 3rd party section where plugins and their development is discussed. Also in the mac forum is a sticky thread about new plugins for the mac ( which could be useful as people who are doing what you are, post their latest plugins and discuss them there) Also you might be able to get some advice from the very nice Richard Brak ( the guy who made the rounder plugin and also recompiles many intel plugins to OSX.)

regards

paul

KeenanCrane
08-25-2004, 06:12 AM
Thanks! Sorry I missed this before.