PDA

View Full Version : Does Type-2 DV stay in A/V sync for you?

ScorpioProd
08-24-2004, 12:51 AM
I just wanted to see how many of you DV users out there experience the Type-2 DV audio/video sync problem with the VT[3].

What I specifically mean is does DV video captured via firewire in the VT[3] as a Type-2 DV file exhibit a lack of audio/video sync when you try and play it back and edit with it?

This has been a fatal problem with Type-2 DV captured in the VT[3] for me and some other users, but it works for some, so I'm curious on the percentages.

Thank you for your time and for voting in this poll. :)

steveg
08-24-2004, 08:23 AM
I have built Quite a few shows (100 or more) at 30 min. to 90 minutes long with no real sync problems input as DV type 2. I sometimes input video in one hour chunks. I am using a P4 985 chip set with six 250gb onboard SATA drives and have no sync problems at this time.

essentricaudio
08-24-2004, 08:32 AM
I have 2 VT[3] systems, and I have not had an A/V sync issue for a long time. I regularly import up to 3 hours straight from DVCAM via Firewire and I have not had any problem using Type 2.

mgrusin
08-24-2004, 10:32 AM
I have type-2 AV sync problems when importing via firewire (details in other threads). If I import using DVIO (a separate app), type 2 seems to work OK, but it would be nice to be able to batch capture etc.

I have a slower system (2.4GHz single P4, IDE array), but in all other respects it deals with DV extremely well.

-MG.

essentricaudio
08-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by mgrusin
I have a slower system (2.4GHz single P4, IDE array), but in all other respects it deals with DV extremely well.

One of my systems is a P4 2.0GHz, 512MB, 250GB HD (firewire), the other is a Dual 2.4GHz, 1GB, 700+GB Raid... Other than the first being REALLY SLOW, it seems to work as well as the other, so I don't think system speed causes the sync issues....