PDA

View Full Version : Animating a book turning

rosferatu
08-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi all,
this is my first post to this group so hi to you all!!!!!!
i was wanting to animate a book's pages turning and using actual images of text on the pages that can be seen/read. does anyone know of any tutorials where i may be able to find such a tutorial? i havent been able to find one at all.
thanks for any and all help for this.
have a great day,
-Ross:)

Silkrooster
08-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Hi Ross,
Welcome to the group. Animating pages can be simple depending on how you want to animate them. For simple page turning, you need to use the pivot tool in Modeler. This will allow you to set where the page is suppose to turn. Example the left center of the page. Once in Layout it is a matter of just rotating the page and setting key frames. I recommend that when you create the initial page that you copy the page and paste it then flip the face of the page. Now you have a front and a back side to the page and you can apply a texture or image to each side of that page. There are a couple of ways to make a spine. The simple way is to create your spine with the box tool. Another way is to create a disc and use the lathe tool to create a spiral bound book.
Once you get more use to the program, you could even add bones to the pages to make them bend or maybe even endomorphs.
Hopefully this will get you started and I am sure someone will add or even correct my information for you and perhaps know of a couple of good tutorials for you.
So good luck and have fun with Lightwave.
Silk