PDA

View Full Version : LW8 - Blank Screen, OpenGL Problems solution?

evilemil
08-23-2004, 11:58 PM
I have not seen any posts lately about the Blank Screen-OpenGL problem, both in Modeler and Layout.

On my machine it is still existant, although i downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia and set them to quality level.
I think it is unacceptable to deliver a version of LW with this obvious problem.

<b>Questions:</b>
1. Has this problem somehow disappeared?
2. Or has somebody found a solution for this problem, that is not connected to Newtek?
3. Or do i have to buy a new graphics card?
4. Or do we have to wait for another update?

Can we please get some clarification from the programmer of the LW-Open GL implementation?

We need a solid solution for this.

thanks.
Michael

My system:
2.2 Ghz Intel
Nvidia 4200 Ti
1 GB Ram

TEEJAY
08-24-2004, 01:05 PM
I had this problem back with 6.5....Downloading the new
DirectX 9.0 solved the problem. I wasn't using a high end
video card. Hope this helps you..
I am not a guru on these matters...

evilemil
08-25-2004, 12:38 AM
Hi Teejay,

this is strange, as i have DX 9.0b (from the Doom3 INstallation), but LW supports only OpenGL.

There should be no connection at all.

thanks anyway.

Michael

hrgiger
08-25-2004, 03:52 AM
I'm having the blank screen problem as well. I have the latest driver from Nvidia as well as directX 9 if that has anything to do with it.

TEEJAY
08-25-2004, 10:06 AM
I am having a new box built right now, it will have the
XP Pro OS, 1 GB RAM, and using the Radeon 9800 Pro
with 256 memory. Is anybody running a Radeon card
like this? Any problems I should know possibly with this
blank scren situation......

gjjackson
08-26-2004, 02:01 PM
I had a problem similarly with the DirectX setup. I had to change the hardware antialiasing to 'No'. Also you may want to check the settings in the dxdiag program.

evilemil
08-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Today i installed LW 8 on the machine (ATI X800 PE, 256MB) at work and I did not have the blank screen. I really tried hard to reproduce the effect.
Hurray.
But the response time when deselecting a points was horrible. The screenupdate lagged behind for almost 0.5 second.
It felt really slow to work like that.

I hope we get a patch soon that fixes this problem.
LW 7.5 did not have this problem.

dblanky
08-29-2004, 02:42 AM
Recently i brought a new Geforce 6800 GT and now when i start up layout or modeller, it just crashes and stops working, this is when the openGL viewports start up.

Not sure if this is the same problem but i managed to half fix it by disabling hardware acceleration in display properties->settings->advanced, then under the troubleshoot tab set the slider to low.

Not sure if this is the same problem but you never know, could be related.