PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitors and VT2

INOV8Pro
04-02-2003, 12:47 PM
I have two NEC MultiSync LCD 1850X monitors. I'm running windows XP and my video card is a GeForce 4 Ti 4600. When I run VT2 and try to place modules on my second monitor it flashes and pops back to my main monitor. With other programs like Lightwave and Aura I don't have this problem. The only time my modules will stay on my second monitor is when I place them at the edge closest to my main monitor. Any further away from the edge they pop back to my main monitor.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

vip3dran
04-02-2003, 02:44 PM
I'd recommend using the latest Nvidia drivers, if you're not using them, and make sure you have Nview disabled. It has been known to cause problems. :cool:

bbeanan
04-02-2003, 02:58 PM
I had the same problem and it took me like a week to figure it out so here you go...

1) Right click on the desktop select properties (acessing the display properties box)
2) Click on "Settings"
3) Click on Advanced
4) Click on GeForce 4.....
5) Click on the nView Display mode link (min is in a small box off the the left side)
6) Select Horizontal Span (or vertical if you want)
7) Accept changes (you may have to restart, I do not remember)
8) Set the resolution to 2560 X 1024 32 bit color

You will also want to go to your toaster file and select a new desktop as your desk top will now either be centered or streached making it look strange. Select one of the dual backgrounds.

Hope this helps

Gordon
04-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Hi Paul;
Did you find a solution to this problem? I just bumped into it as well. I set up and tested a Toaster system using a single monitor not thinking that there would be any problem with a dual monitor setup because I have done several dual monitor setups before.

However, I got to the install site, hooked up the second monitor and had the very same strange behaviour. Windows desktop horizontal spanning worked fine but the Toaster software would only work on the one screen. The standard Windows desktop was showing up on the other screen. Kind of a cool setup if I was looking for it but not what I wanted. There didn't seem to be a solution in the configuration.

What was new this time were:
1.) Windows XP OS install instead of W2K OS.
2.) ABit GeForce 4 Ti4200 graphics card.

So if others have Windows XP OS running a dual monitor Toaster configuration and a Ti4200 graphics card, I would also like to hear from you. Especially what drivers you are using. (Generally I use the latest GeForce drivers but I was only able to try V30.82 WinXP as that is all that I had available to me at the time).

SBowie
04-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Gordon, I'm using a 4400 card with XP Pro ... took me awhile to figure out how to sidestep XP's own internal dual support, but once I got it figure out it works fine. I also have an S-video out on this card and can easily switch to that in place of the second 19" SVGA, which I couldn't do usinfg Win2k. Give me a call if you want to run through it (and take that toque off - it's spring!) :-)

BTW, I am also running nView without any (significant) issues.

Gordon
04-14-2003, 03:48 PM
(and take that toque off - it's spring!) :-)

I think it's fashionable to wear a togue all year long now or is that trend over already?
(I've shed the winter coat however).

Okay at 84 degrees F today, the toque is off and the hat and shades are on.

SBowie
04-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Gordon

I think it's fashionable to wear a togue all year long now or is that trend over already?
I'm sure it's all the rage in the spring collections in Paris :D

RayLarson
04-14-2003, 05:29 PM
It's my understanding that it has started a trend in Boise. I know from my years on the Maine/Canadian border it has always been a fashion statement there.