PDA

View Full Version : Time Remapping - Matrix Stylie - with particles

badlydrawn
08-23-2004, 01:31 AM
Hi everyone

I did a search and couldnt find anything, so if this has been repeated, sorry in advance.

I am trying to slow down a certain part of a scene considerably - which isnt that hard, Scene Editor>Scale Keys, but this does not effect any HV particles. The particle motions have been saved in a file, I guess they are "baked". Is there anyway to strech their keyframes... they show up on the viewport but can't seem to find them on the Scene Editor or Graph Editor.
Any suggestions are immensly appriciated, thanks in advance!

Mylenium
08-23-2004, 02:33 AM
You need to animate the PFX playback speed. However, the slowdown will look odd if you use standard frame rates - particles will look like they are jumping from one position to another. So it would be wise to re-run your simulation at something like 99 fps and then tweak it.

Mylenium

badlydrawn
08-23-2004, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I have a follow up question - how do you animate (keyframe) the PFX playback speed? Running LW8 and it seems the PFX playback speed in emitter properties is fixed (well it doesnt seem to have the E button).
Unless you mean render out at 99fps and then time remap it in AFX or something. I guess that could be done, but AFX time remapping tool is such a hassle : )

Thanks again.

Mylenium
08-23-2004, 05:33 AM
Ah yeah, sorry, didn't think of that. But I seem to remeber some way to make this work, anyway. Maybe I can come up with it.

Mylenium

gjjackson
08-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Well , I can't remember exactly but I was thinking C4 destruct writer had a plugin for time mapping. I'd have to have check my plugins to find what it was.

+++++++++

Well maybe not that one. There was on plugin I used that also had a time function, but haven't located it as yet.

badlydrawn
08-26-2004, 04:09 PM
any luck yet?

I rendered the scene with 99fps, then time remapped it in AFX onto 25fps - and as you can see, it slows down too much new the last sparks - AFX's time remapping is such a hassle!

www.x-monkey.com/stuff/gits_webpreview.mov

gjjackson
08-27-2004, 06:18 AM
The plugin is SG_Timewarp.p - I can't find where I got it at. I thought I remembered it doing what you wanted, but not sure. I haven't played with it and not sure how it works. The edit plugin shows it has no UI. I'll have to check further.

badlydrawn
08-27-2004, 08:06 AM
if its not too much of a bother, please. AFX Time Remapping is giving me such a headach, I truely hate it, but its the only thing I could find - but it would be simpler doing the time remapping within LW, much better control. Thanks a lot again.

jeremyhardin
08-28-2004, 11:50 AM
one way to do it in post is animate and render at 3000fps, then play it at 30 fps where you want it to slow down:
http://lwidof.net/fight/slowdown-divx.avi

or, you could use FX wind/gravity
set the particle's weight to 0
keep resistance normal (1 or whatever you have it set to)
keyframe the power of your FX wind/gravity to 0 when you want them to stop.
(it's the particles' weight that makes them keep going)
animate your camera normally during stopped time.

or more details on the playback speed method:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=13650&page=2&pp=40&highlight=water

gjjackson
10-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone

I did a search and couldnt find anything, so if this has been repeated, sorry in advance.

I am trying to slow down a certain part of a scene considerably - which isnt that hard, Scene Editor>Scale Keys, but this does not effect any HV particles. The particle motions have been saved in a file, I guess they are "baked". Is there anyway to strech their keyframes... they show up on the viewport but can't seem to find them on the Scene Editor or Graph Editor.
Any suggestions are immensly appriciated, thanks in advance!

I know it's been a long time but I just came across this site today. If it's too late you can use it for future reference.

http://mapage.noos.fr/samuelLK/Plugins/Plugins.html#SymmXTools

badlydrawn
10-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Not at all, although the projects been finished, it is still quite helpful. Thanks a lot!