PDA

View Full Version : long time

hybrid2829
08-22-2004, 10:16 PM
It been a while since ive posted on these forums, heres my newest piece, its kinda a poster for a movie my friend and I are writing. C&C please.

hybrid2829
08-22-2004, 10:17 PM
This started as a bullet texture test, then i turned it into another poster. Mainly just a radiosity tweaker.

veljko
08-23-2004, 03:19 AM
hi-
i like the first image more- You have to realise that when making objects that have high reflection values, the model is only as good as its reflection pam- And from the looks of things your reflection map aint that good-
:)
as for the first imge, the composition, the atmosphere and the modeling is cool- the only thing i see is that the gun itselfe is a bit low poly- this gives it a game feel. i would pump up the poly count and in that way loose the hard edges of the barrel and stuff-

hope this helps!

good woork-

tickle
08-23-2004, 06:40 AM
The gun is pretty good!

My opinion is that the nossle hole is to big. Looks more like an elephant rifle if you judge the caliber size.

If the intension is that a silencer is mounted the hole size is better, just a little to big. But if it is a silencer the aiming "thing" should be put further back on the gun itself.

Nice render, radiosity or spinning lights??

adrian
08-23-2004, 11:02 AM
I would actually say the bullet is a little low-poly too....

Nice images - but agree with above comments, there seem to be some flaws in the reflections (especially the bullet).

Adrian.