PDA

View Full Version : step by step install info for acs4 demo?

cresshead
04-02-2003, 10:31 AM
here's a hint to all those developers thinking of writing help files...find a 8 yr old who's never used lightwave and write down ALL of the steps needed to get a successful install of ACS4 demo or whatever the plugin is...that way you'll get a 100% result from all your installs and not people swearing at the monitor screaming what do i do next???what file???where??? how???

go it?

don't even think of writing back saying to read the help files for the acs4 demo ...soooooooo many things are just not written in the help file...

like the list of what files to load...you know their names and extenders such as .p or .lsc for example....

and just how to add that acs4 menu tab in layout??
no idea...doesn't tell you in simple step by step terms...just breezes over the whole thing with:

Assignement can be done with Layout/Interface/Edit Menu Layout panel. Create a separate Tab on Layout's interface and put all ACS4 Demo commands in there. The example setup (designed for full version) is visible on a picture aside.

put them in??how..and actually put just what in???
**** this is soo stupid.

anyone with the knowledge to actually install the plugin and get the acs4 tab up n running?

do everyone a big favour and write down just what to REALLY do...step by stap please or make a video on it [with sound]

cheers

steve g

hrgiger
04-02-2003, 11:05 PM
What plug-ins to load? If in doubt, load all of them. It's not going to hurt anything.

How to add the ACS4 menu tab? The manul tells you how to do it but so does your lightwave manual. RTFM.

cresshead
04-03-2003, 02:44 AM
hi
thanks for that most consise and in depth step by step reply to help install that plugin...most helpful really.

quote: [RTFM]

steve g

hrgiger
04-03-2003, 08:51 AM
You're welcome.

I'll make it easy for you. Read pages 5.1 through 5.9 of your LW manual. Or if that book is too intimidating for you, and you have Inside LW 7 by Dan Ablan, it's on pages 23-25. It's all there step-by step, just like you wanted. I'm not going to write everything down step-by-step if you're too lazy to read it yourself. I don't mind helping people Steve, but there's a difference between helping someone with advice and putting someobody on your lap, stroking their hair, and reading the manual to them.