PDA

View Full Version : Triple Function not 'complete'

Neo Angelus
08-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Hello Everybody,

I've a problem when I try to export a model of lightwave(7.5) to 3ds, it has to be al traingles so I press the tripe(shift+T) and then try to export it, but sometimes he gives an error when exporting that the model needs to be all traingles which it isn't and thus the triple function must have left something, it's very anoying and I don't know what to do about it, I thought the problem may lay in some 1-point or 2-point poly's but how do I find all, is there a button or script for that so I can find and delete all, or is the 'triple-problem' someting/somewhere else, if anybody knows, can they please tell me because I'm completly stuck???

evenflcw
08-21-2004, 03:36 PM
You should be able to identify and select all types of polygons (polypoint, polylines, tris, quads, ngons) through the statistics panel. I believe the hotkey for it is 'w'. Just hit the pluses beside the type of polygon you wish to select. I agree that one- and twopointpolys are the likely reason why it doesn't work.

EDIT: I'm probably stating the obvious now, but you need to be in polygon selection mode in order for the statistics window to show stats on polys.

Neo Angelus
08-22-2004, 01:12 AM
thanks, I'll try it imidiatly hope it works(must), thanks again