PDA

View Full Version : Highend3d.com snubs lightwave...

electropulse
08-19-2004, 06:26 PM
http://www.highend3d.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general3d&Number=168037&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=

these guys at highend3d got to be lying or something, either that or like one poster says:

"I read somthing different, i read this site thrives on kick backs from vendors to feature their apps on this site.
I read Discreet payed Highend a large number to have their app a space and Newtek declined...
Lightwave is every bit as good as 3ds."

Matt
08-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Who cares anyway! At which point does a package earn the 'high-end' status? When it has 'X' feature as standard? When the price tag is X thousands? When it has X user base?

If high-end means expensive then LightWave isn't, if we're talking about results then it is!

mattclary
08-20-2004, 05:29 AM
I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of complaining about LW's lack of inclusion. Between here and CG Talk, I have more LightWave info than my brain can process.

theo
08-20-2004, 06:50 AM
mattclary: Pretty much on the same page here as well with one caveat, I rarely have time for CG Talk even. You'll get all the info for most anything just between Spinquad, Newtek and CG Talk, anything more and you may start actually wasting valuable time.

Red_Oddity
08-20-2004, 10:33 AM
Well, the only reason one would visit Highend is for it's plugins and tutorials (i get most of Maya plugins there), but LW has Flay...so who cares...