PDA

View Full Version : How about a Scheduler built into VT??

PIZAZZ
08-18-2004, 07:45 PM
That's right we are the new exclusive distributors of the Digital Broadcaster for the VT platform.

Some of the features are the Plugin works as a replacement of VT[3]. Of course you can work with Toaster as you want but when you run plugin you can have access to flowwing modules:

- Swither (16 inputs)
- 2 DDR's (Video playback)
- 1 DDR for DSK
- CGPlayer
- Record Panel
- Switcher and Matrix panel
- Timetable (a list with scheduled events). You can select date and time for any event, select duration, insert or delete new events, etc.

Plugin has to run on VT[3] in order to be able to trim DDR items, check event, calculate VT project duration, etc. I theory it cold be possible to edit the scheduled item list on another computer but you will not be able to control some VT features.

- Of course, you can play a DDR with loop until you select any source, choose selection or project and add files or projects. CUE in/out is always On.

- Now you can not control decks. we developed this module in order to Play/Stop/Pause but at the moment we can go to a TC, so it's not very useful. However you can control MacroSystem Avio hard drive player/recorder units.

- There is a special DDR that can be played as a DSK source with or without loop mode.

- You can use any format that VT can handle. However project must to be saved on NewTek AVI format.

Plugin has it's own clock but related to system internal clock.

- you can work in 3 modes:

- Normal Operation
- Edit Schedulled events (add to the list)
- On Air

If you are in On Air mode you can't control manually any option. You have to select Normal Operation mode to do that.

A fellow coder that goes by the name Madoka here on the boards and I have been working on getting this plugin developed for use here in the US. It was written in Spanish and had to be adjusted to English. Now things are finally coming to a close. I just wanted to let everyone looking at using their VT as a master control system to a cable channel or a webcast channel, it is now totally possible with ease.

I will post an updated screenshot in the next day. I will also post the cost and such too soon.

Hope you are as excited as we are with this development.

bradl
08-18-2004, 10:59 PM
VERY COOL. Now I want to start my own Network!!!

Jef, you guys rock over there at Pizazz!

PIZAZZ
08-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Thanks Brad,

I have been really thinking about this for quite a while. I have a few other billion things to worry about right now BUT... I hope to one day put up a dedicated channel for people to enjoy.

sbrandt
08-19-2004, 02:07 AM
...and all because your Dad taught you to solve your own problems. :D

Faraz
08-21-2004, 09:08 AM
How much is it? Can we purchase it as a plug-in?

Faraz
08-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Just read the bottom of your post.... :) SORRY!

AntAT
08-21-2004, 01:51 PM

PIZAZZ
08-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by AntAT
One really big question:
Can you have the plugin running all the time "on air" and be able to capture new footage to the harddrives?

To kind of answer my own question, this seems impossible right now because when Audio&Video are playing out of the Toaster, you can still capture Preview in with the SX-8, but you won't be able to capture audio with the video coming in from Preview without having the audio going out the Toaster's Main Outs and thus "on air".

Now if the Toaster will work on a Fiber SAN system, then all different kinds of editing systems could be hooked up to central storage, save Toaster Compatible Audio/Video finished files on the SAN, and then the "on air" VT system could access those files without ever having to go "off air".

Yes that is possible if you are using a fiber SAN. Internally with one system I do not believe that to possible. I will look into it though.

mzafrany
09-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Jef,

Can you give us more detials on the Digital Broadcaster?

Moshe

John Alfero
10-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Any more details on the scheduler you were working on?

PIZAZZ
10-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks for checking in. We have had to do some refiguring to say the least with VT[4]. We will be posting more details soon about the new feature set we are implementing.

Soon, very soon.