PDA

View Full Version : Copy And Paste question

Kryptic
08-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Did newtek change the way that copy and paste worked between ver 6 and 8? The last version I used was ver. 6 and I remember when I had something selected then copied and pasted it would automatically select the new geometry but now lightwave doesn't seem to do that. Am I correct about this and is their a way to change it?

Originally posted this in the VT forum oops my mistake sorry about that :)

mattclary
08-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Nope, it hasn't done that in any version I've had, and I've been with it since 6.5. Are you maybe thinking of a proceudre where you select, copy and paste, leaving the original selection selected?

Kryptic
08-19-2004, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure I could of sworn the new geometry got selected. Oh well maybe I was wrong :)

evenflcw
08-19-2004, 01:01 PM
You want it? It could be easily lscripted (although potentially slow on large meshes).

What you'd normally do though is copy'n'past and then move the original geometry (which is selected) leaving the copy behind. Results are the same, it just feels wrong at first. :)

mattclary
08-19-2004, 01:17 PM
LOL! You programmers kill me! "Yeah, I can do that". :)

jeffb
08-19-2004, 01:37 PM
I believe you are talking about "Paste Tool". A special (and more useful) version of paste function, that allows you to move the item being pasted.