PDA

View Full Version : Render options stuck on animation?

joecygan
08-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Hello all-

I've used Screamernet many times (thanks to Matt Gorner's tutorial)... but this is a new problem I've not seen.

I set up a couple scenes for rendering ANIMATION (QT) - NOT over Screamernet - and later revised the scenes and now want to render FILES(TGA) over Screamernet.

The problem is that the nodes act like they are rendering, but no files are saved! This seems like the same thing you would get if you inadvertently tried to render an ANIMATION over Screamernet, right? The kicker is that the master computer (node 1) DOES save frames!

But, I can't make the ANIMATION destination go away in Render Options... (Save Animation is unchecked, Type is set to "none", but Animation file location is still listed- greyed out.) Could this be causing Screamernet to choke on these scenes? If so, how can I clear it? (Save Scene As doesn't work.)

Any insight would be appreciated.

PS. (LW 7.5b, XPPro, Dual 3 Xeon is master)

donny
08-23-2004, 11:10 AM
It should not make a difference that the path for the animation file is still there as long as it is unchecked and greyed out. You can however open the scene file in notepad to edit out the path for the animation file. You would want to do that on a copy of the scene though not the original incase you need a backup copy. Also the issue you are seeing could be caused by the nodes not finding either the plugins or the config files.

joecygan
08-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks, donny...

you're right... actually I realized my error. The scene files were pointing to local output folders (not network paths).

Duh.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, but the greyed out anim file was NOT the problem!

Joe