PDA

View Full Version : Prevent Discovery Edition load

gstonebank
08-17-2004, 02:13 AM
Hi

Is it possible to prevent Lightwave from loading Discovery Edition.

I use a laptop and have to connect the dongle everytime I use LW. Sometimes I forget and do an hour or 2 of work in discovery edition which then can't be saved:(

I know I should be saving sooner than that, but Modeller is very stable on my laptop so I forget. If LW would not run if there is no dongle connected it would save me hours...

Graeme

mattclary
08-17-2004, 05:55 AM
Nope. I can't believe you haven't run into the point limit with it after two hours! :confused:

gjjackson
08-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Do a search on this forum. There was someone who wrote a script to solve this problem, at least notify when you startup in Discovery mode.

gstonebank
08-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mattclary
Nope. I can't believe you haven't run into the point limit with it after two hours! :confused:

It doesn't stop you modelling at 400 points, just won't save an object with more than 400 pts.

Thanks gjjackson, I found it & it works beautifully:)

Graeme

mattclary
08-17-2004, 05:37 PM
When I used it, there were several functions I tried that would not function. Can't remember which ones.

GregMalick
08-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Here's a link (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20327&highlight=discovery) to that plugin thread that warns you about the dongle.