PDA

View Full Version : bug with config files?

Levaravel
08-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Everytime i start up lightwave it will load all the default settings, instead of the ones i had last time.

I start up modeler / lightwave, change viewport settings, shut lw/modeler down, and the next time i start up it's back to default. restarting the hub doesn't help at all...

it's getting annoying :(

maybe someone knows how to fix this problem, thank you

mattclary
08-17-2004, 05:51 AM
Your config files are updated on exit. Ask yourself why aren't they updated. Are they read only?

Levaravel
08-17-2004, 08:44 AM
they're not read-only, but thank you...

hmm, does the hub save the configs or lightwave / modeler itself?

mattclary
08-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Modeler and Layout do it. The hub is optional, so it wouldn't make sense that it would save them.

Para
08-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Hub actually locks the config files to protect them from tampering so every time you change your configs, the best way to make sure that they are saves is to close the Hub too.

Levaravel
08-19-2004, 01:22 PM
thank you guys...it still doesn't work. :(

the only way to keep the settings is when modeler is not connected to the hub, that way it saves the settings.
But every time i start modeler connected to the hub, it goes back to default..argh

any solution to that problem..?

w. l. choong

druitre
08-19-2004, 01:57 PM
do you perhaps start the apps from a shortcut on your desktop and did you change the icon's 'target' property (as suggested by batch- and networkrenderers like butterfly and lwq) to load configs from a folder in your LW directory? And not the hub's? LW would get confused if you did, I think, and load different config files depending on what's currently running, hub or modeler.

Levaravel
08-19-2004, 08:53 PM
:eek: oh crap.. god bless you, YES, that's what it was...man..thank you!!! :D

...always those little things