PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Animation Help!

Anon123456789
08-15-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm making a game and I've just made a forward walking animation (I'm using a plugin to export from lightwave to .x format). I need to know how to reverse the order of the keyframes or something so that I can have a backwards walking motion, I dont want to have to redo the entire animation backwards manually. Anybody have any suggestions?

Triple G
08-16-2004, 01:57 AM
You might be able to use Motion Mixer to save your animation as a clip, then reverse the clip and bake it back to the timeline as keys. Not sure as I haven't used MM in a while, but I'm pretty sure it will allow you to do this.

starbase1
08-16-2004, 05:17 AM
What happens if you use the 'scale all keys' option, with a -1 factor?

You can put negative numbers is the frame limit boxes in layout.

You should be able to then shift them all forwards to get them back into the normal range...

Nick

captain nemo
08-17-2004, 03:52 AM
Hi there.

To do the backwards walk you can use the graph editor to invert the keys for your forwards animation. I have not tried this but i assume it reverses the order of the keys in time.

Or if you wanted it to be part of the forward walk file you could copy all the keys to a new location in time and then do the invert thing.

This is mostly speculation as i have only just started to use the graph editor.

Anyway, what plugin are you using as i have been trying to use the dstorm one with little success.