PDA

View Full Version : LScript -- Invert a Texture Layer?

FuriousGeorge
08-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Is there a way to have LScript invert a Texture Layer?

I've been looking through all of the documentation & it doesn't look like this is covered anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

faulknermano
08-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by FuriousGeorge
Is there a way to have LScript invert a Texture Layer?

I've been looking through all of the documentation & it doesn't look like this is covered anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

no. i'm absolutely sure you cannot do this. sucks really. :(

FuriousGeorge
08-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the reply.

So basically when the LScript manual states over and over again that anything you do in Modeler you can do in LScript--- I should just ignore that.

I did come up with a workaround that may be suitable for some situations (it is in mine). Basically load a dummy texture that's set up like you want and then tweak it as you will through LScript.

invSurfName = the name/location of your dummy surface that contains an empty texture layer with the invert layer option selected

surfName = the name of the surface you want to create

CommandInput("Surf_SetSurf " + surfName);
CommandInput("Surf_Load " +invSurfName);

Now you have a surface you can work with. Like I said, this certainly won't work for all (or even most) situations, but it might be handy for some.

faulknermano
08-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by FuriousGeorge
Thanks for the reply.

So basically when the LScript manual states over and over again that anything you do in Modeler you can do in LScript--- I should just ignore that.

:D yes.

I did come up with a workaround that may be suitable for some situations (it is in mine).

i found this out because i desired to find out the state of the invert. it turned out that not only can you NOT modify this, but you cant even see it as a datamember. :confused:

GregMalick
08-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a master list of all the things that couldn't be done with LScript? Might save a lot of headaches and wasted time. :(

Maybe some issues could even have links to workarounds... like the Modeler "non-modal" panel issue.

FuriousGeorge
08-17-2004, 03:44 PM
I've found the documentation (in general) to be a little spotty.

I'm sure those who use LScript are a small percentage of LW users, but some updated documentation would be nice.

If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't even know about "CommandInput".