PDA

View Full Version : Taper2.

erroLux
08-15-2004, 03:52 AM
Hi,

Could anyone point me to a thread or a tutorial that discusses the use of "taper2"?

I am doing NT's hand modeling tutorial and at a certain point it says "taper2" and I can't figure out what tool to use (taper or taper constrain) and what settings to use.

In the tut all the fingers are tapered in 1 go while they still are tapered individually.

I've searched the forums, the net, and several LW books (1001 Tips 'n Tricks, LW8 Killer Tips, ...) but did not find what I am looking for.

Thanks for the help.

Dominiek.:D

erroLux
08-15-2004, 04:21 AM
PS Is it possible to taper e.g. the fingers on a hand all at the same time in a horizontal AND a vertical direction so that the fingers are tapered individually and not as 1 selection?

Thanks...
Dominiek.

MooseDog
08-15-2004, 07:11 AM
apologies if this is too obvious: are you using the right mouse button to define the area of influence (so to speak) of the taper tool before pulling the taper? only thing i could think of w/o enought coffee yet:D

SplineGod
08-16-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by erroLux
PS Is it possible to taper e.g. the fingers on a hand all at the same time in a horizontal AND a vertical direction so that the fingers are tapered individually and not as 1 selection?

Thanks...
Dominiek.
No, but doing them individually is pretty easy.
The easiest way would be to build one finger, make it look good and then duplicate it to create the others. Resize them as necessary then bridge/skin/weld them into the hand.

erroLux
08-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey, thanks Splinegod.
Of course!
Following the tutorial, I had been doing that anyway up to a certain point.
So instead of assembling the fingers in an early stage, just develop them more and then duplicate them.

Simple and good.
Stupid I did'nt think of that.
Have to keep such things in mind if I want to develop an efficient workflow.

Furthermore I will have to check out the less 'commonly' used tools (to me anyway) , such as taper, cause they have such huge diferent possibilities.

Here's an intermediate render.

Thanks.