PDA

View Full Version : Need help in resizeing an mpg file..

Elemental233
08-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi all.

I have a bunch of mpg movie files that i want to put on to a dvd, but encore dvd wont let me because the rez is not 720X480. Is there a way that i can resize the rez with the copys of mpg files i have, i have premire 1.5 but im not totally femilure with it yet. any help would be awsome.

js33
08-14-2004, 08:28 PM
I believe what you need to use is the TMPG encoder.
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

They have a free version but if you want to encode MP2 files you have to buy it but it's only $40.

Cheers,
JS

Elemental233
08-14-2004, 09:43 PM
MAn you ROCK! Thanks dude, works perfectly......

js33
08-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Your welcome. I use it to make all my mpg2 files then export them to the iMac to use in DVDSP. You'll find that most video pros use this even though they have multithousand dollar edit suites.

Cheers,
JS

Elemental233
08-16-2004, 02:27 AM
hey js33,, got another question.

i have finished makeing my dvd with encore but the finished product has no sound at all. i have have fiured out that i must encode the mpg files audio in AC3. how would i go about encodeing AC3 in the files i have, i do have premire pro,. any help would be great. thxs dude..

MiniFireDragon
08-16-2004, 06:53 AM
One question for you Elemental223:

Did you include the wav files that TMPG created when you ran the program?

If TMPG didn't create wav files, then you need to find them and add them to your compilation (I am not familiar with Encore). As far as I have seen, a DVD (which plays in standard DVD players) have seperate Audio and Video Files.

Elemental233
08-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi minifireDragon.

I used Tmpgenc to re encode my mpg files in a higher rez so that encore would let me put them on my dvd, it did no make a wav file, it encoded the sound into the mpeg file. When i build the dvd every thing goes great exsept for one error i get

"Ntsc DVD requires At least one AC3 or PCM aoudio Tracks for every titile set. Do you want to continue the build with all mpMPEG audio?"

I clicked yes, bang Dvd done. Mount Dvd iso useing nero bang no Sound at all..

js33
08-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Yes as MiniFiredragon said when you make mpg2 files the audio will be seperate for a DVD. When you build your DVD you will see 2 folders Video_TS and Audio_TS. When you bring files in for the DVD you will need to bring in Audio and Video as seperate files.

Cheers,
JS

Elemental233
08-16-2004, 09:14 PM
So pretty much i would have to some how get the audio out of the mpeg-2 file befor bringing it in to encore the encode the audio into ac3 the add it with encore. right? if so what would be the best way to ripp the audio out of the file?

You guys have been so helpfull. Thxs for your time :D

PS...

TMPGENC did not make any audio files.

Elemental233
08-16-2004, 10:19 PM
i have found that i can get the audio stream from the mpeg useing Premire pro, it htere a way that i can encode it to ac3??

js33
08-16-2004, 10:19 PM
When you reencode your mpg files in TMPG it has the audio below the video. If necessary just browse for the audio and choose the same mpg file. It seems like TMPG automatically does this but you may have to select the audio manually. Haven't used it in awhile so I can't remember the defaults. Just look at the audio options in TMPG it's there.

Cheers,
JS

Elemental233
08-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Hey just figured it out... thxs for your help. Cheers...