PDA

View Full Version : Batteries

Pensart
08-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Hi there,

My latest illustration.
Used for a commercial campaign.
When u buy these nice batteries u wil have a chance to win a city trip.

All regards,
Pensart

veljko
08-14-2004, 09:39 AM
looks cool:)

there is a lack of shadows imho, the handle of the big battery is not casting shadow at all on the battery itselfe for example-

but, i like it anyway-

object
08-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Fun, nice luggage, but awfully dark for a vacation promo. Needs some night vision gogles instead of binoculars.

emperorchuck
08-14-2004, 01:36 PM
How large will this be when it's published? You've done some great work with the models, but I think the city names should be bigger. They're a bit difficult to see relative to the rest of it.

Pensart
08-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanx Veljko, it would be better with some more shadows, i only used global illumination and a hdri image, next time maybe i trow in a light for some extra shadows. its a good critic wich i overlooked.

Hi Object, The background wil be filled. This is just the illustration, dont mind the background.

Hi Emperorchuck, There will be folders a4, posters larger than A1. The bureau provided me with a 2D concept sketch and i just followed it.

Anyway, very cool u took some time for critique.
:p

adrian
08-15-2004, 12:38 AM
That's good, but what about the hat? How is that being held up?

Adrian.

Pensart
08-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi Adrian, I think by points and polygons :D
No serious, i just converted the 2D sketch they sented me into a 3D version.

miso popovic
08-15-2004, 03:58 PM
nice work, yea, ilustrators rarly think in terms of phisics IMHO

erroLux
08-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Love the batteries.
The rest could do with a bit more: some background, and the hat and binoculars are a bit "black".

Keep it going...

Kryptic
08-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Any chance we could see it on a white background? :D

With the exception of what has been said it looks good, I like it.

Pensart
08-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Miso; Sometimes its best to loose the phisics since its all about the action. Very little people seem to care how things work. And thanks for the nice comment.

Errolux; Thanks, The add adagency will take care of the background and yes the colors could be a little brighter. Most of the time they tweak the colors to their liking.

Kryptic; Here's the white version...

Kryptic
08-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Nice, I only suggested it so we could see the hat and binoculars easier. Hope we can see the final version with the backdrop in :)

Pensart
08-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Kryptic; it could take a while since the add is meant for December if i'm not mistaken.

Kryptic
08-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Oh I know that it takes time.

Should look good as long as the "they" don't butcher it :D

erroLux
08-20-2004, 03:15 AM
Errolux; Thanks, The add adagency will take care of the background and yes the colors could be a little brighter. Most of the time they tweak the colors to their liking.

"Ohh, SO the ADD agency will take CARE of THAT?" (---> Homer Simpson intonation ;) ),

Great work, greets,...