PDA

View Full Version : Archi news - RPC people coming to lightwave

Ade
08-13-2004, 11:07 PM
RPC people (http://www.archvision.com/default.cfm)

Siggraph ppl report seeing archvision in lightwaves list of releases.. This is a very good release for us archi wavers if true.

I know a few of you will appreciate this.

CB_3D
08-14-2004, 09:38 AM
This is VERY good news for us architectural pepps!!!I hope their plants will also be available for us!

Thx for the heads up.

ddho1981
08-14-2004, 11:03 AM
FINALLY! let's hope it plays nice with fprime.....

CB_3D
08-14-2004, 07:25 PM
yep,i was thinking the same right now. i suppose there should be no prob because probably itīs not a shader but an object replacement plug.

Jarno
08-15-2004, 10:36 PM
The RPC for Lightwave implementation is being done by us, Tuff Little Unit.

I'm afraid that currently it won't work with fprime, due to the usual SDK limitations. RPCs consist of camera position dependent geometry and texturing. The geometry part is dealt with using object replacement, which I don't think fprime can deal with as object replacement plugins are only run during LW rendering, and there is no way a plugin can discover or call an objrep plugin.

The texturing has to be done using a shader, so that rules out fprime as well. In general pretty much any dynamic changes to the scene done by plugins won't work with fprime, except for transformations.

On the positive side, it should work with all the RPC content available, from 2D to 3D+.

---JvdL---

Ade
08-16-2004, 02:55 AM
Jarno is this SDK limitation being sought out with Worley and Newtek?

Chuck and the guys assured archi will be taken in future thoughts so I guess they would be more than glad to help.

Having RPC as good as the 3dmax crowd have it would be excellent.
We need camera animation, photoshop availabilty to to be all on par.
Ill hold off the dosche and marlin purchase for these ones..

3dworks
08-16-2004, 07:27 AM
i hope there will be also an OSX version?!

JML
08-16-2004, 11:10 AM
can't wait for that !
we have 4-5 cds of RPC but we couldn't use it after LW5..
it's going to be very nice to play with these again,

CB_3D
08-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Ade, we bought the Dosch trees and, well, letīs just say i have to continue to do my own trees Dave Jerrard style to have some control over polycounts.

Jarno, good to hear from you.
That sucks big time, i hope NT and Worley will solve these issues as they promised. I use FP all the time and simply love it. It has become a very important part of my workflow and as i am sure many feel the same way about it.

Thatīs not to say i wouldnt go back to LWīs renderer to take advantage of the fantastic possibilties RPC offers for us previs guys, but it will hurt quite a bit.

Anyways, thatīs just to say that all in all itīs still good news and i will be a buyer!

PS:Chuck, Steve, i hope you are reading this and seeing the importance.

messiah
08-16-2004, 03:43 PM
The Mac version will be worked on as soon as humanly possible(depending on various reasons like TIME, APIs and so forth). Its on the boards at any rate.

Ade
08-16-2004, 07:08 PM
Posts like these just illustrate the growing interest in lightwave and architecture viz...

This RPC news was very good for me, as I was getting upset on the lack of archi in lw world..

Muad'dib
08-16-2004, 07:42 PM
That is great news :) & I'm over the moon that the ArchViz capabilities of LW are finally getting a look at and being considered. Thank you to all those concearned at ArchVision, NT and the Tuff Little Unit grunts :D - all that remains now is the eagerly awaited FP integration.

Ade
08-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Realviz and RPC make a good combo.
Plants and trees are sorley needed aswell.

Keep em coming, ill save my money for em.

harlan
08-16-2004, 09:20 PM
That's Terrific!!! I have no idea what the hell RPC is. ;)

caesar
08-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Me neither...I saw a lot of cars, trees, 2d people in a 3d scene (remebers me doom 2 in high resolution) and a software for composing...interesting

pixym
08-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Good news

JML
08-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Jarno

do you have any ideas about release date and prices ?

thanks

we already have a lot of RPC content here so we will buy it for sure..
do you know if it will be limited ?(any maximum number of RPC instances in a scene?)

messiah
08-18-2004, 08:03 AM
jmnewtek

For prices and availability you have to contact Archvision directly.

As for limitation I think the only thing on the top of my head is the amount of memory in your boxes realy(and in your LW8.cfg file).