PDA

View Full Version : Template Runtime Error

FelixTT
08-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Something has changed in my system and I don't know how to correct it. When I open the CG and click on "template", I get a runtime error and VT3 crashes. I also noticed that my selected fader on the switcher doesn't remain when I restart VT3. Help Please.

kltv
08-13-2004, 06:53 PM
The same thing has happened to me. I tried removing all my templates and reseting the config but it still kept crashing. I finally had to re-install the toaster software. It happened right after I added a couple of my own templates in. I never quite figured out what the problem was.

Kris

bradl
08-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Try logging in as a new person and see if it persists... post results back here.

HBCMedia
08-16-2004, 07:39 PM
We have been having the same problem with our CG. We have reset our configs also, it is still happening....Any other suggestions?

nevmoor
08-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by FelixTT
Something has changed in my system and I don't know how to correct it. When I open the CG and click on "template", I get a runtime error and VT3 crashes. I also noticed that my selected fader on the switcher doesn't remain when I restart VT3. Help Please.

I see that others are having the same problem as I am. I guess I need to have the VT software re-installed. Is this a common issue out there????

I have not used the CG templates at all, not even clicking on the tab because it causes the dreaded crash.

When you get the problem solved let me know!!

FelixTT
08-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Newtek's technical support told my reseller's technical support that I needed to do an unistall / reinstall of the VT3 program. After doing the unistall / reinstall, things are working fine. FYI....once you do this, you'll have to change the RS8 switcher parameter in the preferences so that it will recognize the unit.

kltv
08-18-2004, 11:07 AM
That's what I had to do too... not very much fun though for a seemingly simple problem.

Kris