PDA

View Full Version : Point selection tools?

aniboy2000
08-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Are there any plugins for LW (7.5) that allow one to sequentially select a bunch of points in a specific order (linear, clockwise, etc.) to then create a polygon without having to do this by hand? (this is my most despised problem in LW)

Also, is there any way to manually change the order of edges that connect points in a polygon? One or two misordered edges often appear when you piece polygons together, and I really hate having to kill the polygon and re-do it all manually (see above).

aniboy2000
08-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Come on, I'm sure there has to be some way. If I'm a moron and it's really simple and I'm just not seeing it, please point it out anyway.

evilemil
08-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi Aniboy,

there is indeed a function, that does what you need:
it is called Select Loop and is integrated in LW8.
if you have a hole, you select 2 points and then press "Select Loop" (i put it on F9, that is easy).
This selects all points around a hole.
just press "p" and you are done.

I did not get your other problem with the wrong edges and the deleting of polygons.

if you have edges running in a drection, you do not like, just "merge polygons" this removes the unwanted edge.
select now the two vertices/points, you want to connect and press "Connect" (also in LW8, at least i think so, as i have a lot of extra scripts installed).

hope that helped.