PDA

View Full Version : Anim edits as if making preview

captain nemo
08-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Hi there.
I have done something to my current animation that is making it behave like i'm making a preview when i drag nulls around or move the slider. Veeerrrryyy sssllllooooowwwww.......

I know i did something to it when i was working very late last night and i was very tired. I just dont know what.

I opened some stuff a newbie probably shouldn't mess with but i dont think i pressed any buttons and i didn't save the scene when i closed lightwave. I looked at the motion mixer, graph editor, well all the editors really, and i made a preview.

If anyone can tell me what i might have done and how to recover the situation it would be much appreciated as i had just finnished the rigging and was about to start making my first character animation.

Triple G
08-13-2004, 11:20 PM
It's difficult to tell what the problem might be by your description. If you're able to post the scene file, it'd probably be easier for someone to help you out.

captain nemo
08-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Hi there.
I got so frustrated with the slow down that i did all the rigging again. Took ages. The slowdown developed gradually as i added more nulls. Having done some reading about performance i can say that my system is not up to running layout in this way.
Its a :- celeron 1ghz / 256 ram / 64 ti4200 video card

I just got a prescot 2.8ghz chip which has massive overclockability but have not ordered the rest of the machine yet.

I was in the middle of a sleep dep kind of trance when i did the original rigging and i suppose i was just too out there to notice the slow down until it got very bad.

Anyway the upshot of it all is that i need to order the rest of my new computer, and probably a brain transplant. :)