PDA

View Full Version : Big bad green worm

dddMan
04-01-2003, 03:54 PM
I’ve modeled this little beast for a tequila commercial … it’s one of those crazy, twisted, wacky CG clips… not sure if will ever be aired… the punch line should be : “would you drink this worm ? “ :)

I have no idea how this worm is named … :) and I can’t find any reference photos for its head… if you know please drop me a line…

… 1228 SubPatches …no GI… just one light … low AA …highly detailed textures… an average of 25 sec render time …

dddMan
04-01-2003, 03:57 PM

dddMan
04-01-2003, 04:02 PM

dddMan
04-01-2003, 04:09 PM

dddMan
04-01-2003, 05:37 PM
... I've found it ... it's called a "looper" ... imagine why ? :)

danilo
04-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Hi,
maybe some translucency will help....
danilo

trentonia
04-02-2003, 08:06 AM
First, the worm you modelled is a looper or better known as an "inch worm". Secondly, Tequila does not have worms in it. The worm comes with another liqour, made from the agave plant, known as Mescal. Traditionally, Mescal contains a red or coral colored worm that bores into the heart of the Agave plant. However, nowadays, Mescal usually contains a white worm that eventually grows into a type of moth.

greg

Matt
04-02-2003, 10:00 AM
trentonia, you seem to know a lot about this subject, are you an
alcoholic!

:)

trentonia
04-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Absolut-ly! Every chance I get. :)

dddMan
04-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for your comments ! :)

I’m not a big tequila drinker… in fact I’m not a drinker at all … I usually prefer a cold beer or a red wine over any “drink” that could fuel my car :D

Trentonia … thanx for the infos, but I’m not sure how accurate they are … after reading your post I was a bit confused … for a moment I thought that I was probably wrong … then I did a bit of Google searching and found two very interesting sites :

http://www.mixed-drink.com/tequilainfo.html
http://www.vivatequila.com/tequila/myths.html

I quote :

“Tequila is made primarily from the agave plant.” … so not only the mescal is made from agave …

„Tequila is a type of mezcal, but mezcals are not tequilas. They both derive from varieties of the plant known to the natives as 'mexcalmetl.' Tequila is made from only agave tequilana Weber, blue variety. Mezcal, on the other hand, can be made from five different varieties of agave - mostly espadin, but including some wild varieties grown without pesticides.”

…and now about the worm problem … :)

I laughed my butt off when reading this : “If you eat the worm and you feel strange after swallowing it is more likely the effect of consuming a bottle of alcohol rather than the worm at the bottom, which is little more than pickled protein.”

“There is no worm in Mexican-bottled tequila! While some American-bottled brand(s) put one in their bottle, it's only a marketing ploy and not a Mexican tradition. There is a worm - called a gusano, in some types of mezcal.”

… so… some American-bottled tequila … have worms :) … and that’s the kind we have here, in Europe … and the kind I’ve seen and drank ( but not the worm :) ) .
Actually… the worm it’s a widely spread myth about tequila … and that’s why I want to do this short … it could be a lot of fun …

Thanks again

dddMan
04-03-2003, 05:02 PM
... here's the first IK rig for this model ... a bit too stiff, but I'm working on it ... :)

www.dddMarket.com/dddMarket/html/pics/worm/IK.avi
DivX 5.0.1 640x480 407kb

like it ?

Rory_L
04-03-2003, 07:05 PM
...And gusano just means worm in Spanish!

You should flatten out your spline handles where the parts of the worm are supposed to be standing still. Sorry: I`m phrasing this in Maya-speke. I guess I mean fiddle with the key tension! :)

Looks more like a caterpillar to me.

As a two year old, my brother was caught eating earthworms. Mum, horrified, rushed him to the doc, who said, "Nothing to worry about: just good protein!"

R

dddMan
04-05-2003, 11:46 AM
yeah... just good protein! :)

thanx