PDA

View Full Version : Chuck....Future stuff???

erich
08-13-2004, 09:15 AM
I am wondering if perhaps Chuck or some other official at Newtek would care to respond to this querry.

I am wondering if future (read: not to distant ) upgrades of LW will support ngons and edge tools. Seeing that most every other modeller on the market does now, I am wondering if that is in the plans for LW.

Cheers.

UnCommonGrafx
08-13-2004, 09:25 AM
I utterly agree: now that the Crew is in place, give us a state of the union address. Mayhaps as the 8.1 version comes about.

However, I don't think we should hold our breath for this to come forth. I really (read: !*!REALLY!*!) want this devs' team sweep of the bugs to be the first of the ACTION we are privvy to. If they can actually address the old legacy stuff then I have no doubt about the next phase. That next phase of ACTION will be ALL of their work. On a fresh solid base.

In other words, I don't wan't to hear them sing me a pretty song; I want them to give me the goods.

To that end, I can wait. Patiently. For another month or so...;) :D :cool:

mattclary
08-13-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm assuming if Newtek was ready to make any informative announcements, they would have done it at SIGGRAPH.

erich
08-13-2004, 10:00 AM
I dont think the answer to my question needs to be something that is kept a secreat. Almost every other modeler is adding this, so it is not like it will be a competitive advantage to hide this info. Other apps are already doing it.:(

Now, if I were to ask about sub-pixel displacement :) that might be something Newtek would want to hide...from a marketing perspective anyway.

Chuck
08-13-2004, 10:21 AM
When the team gets back from SIGGRAPH, I'll ask if they would like to do a "State of the Union"; they may well be ready for something like that. If they aren't quite yet, please do bear with us patiently, as I'm sure news will be forthcoming at the proper time.

Nemoid
08-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Yeah that.

I think the new team worked great with Lw so far.It was a new team, and brough Lw to a step further adding the right enhancements. Good start.

8 is a good release, so the next phase is simply : go ahead. :)

erich
08-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks Chuck. I really appreciate your responding so quickly.

As I said earlier, I don't think releasing this info is going to hurt any sort of competetive advantage as many other apps are ahead of Newtek on this already. I do beleive it will help to establish further support and confidence if we knew the direction that LW was heading in.

I do understand that some info might be viewed as "sensitive" and so, to be fair to Newtek, I was not asking for that to be released. I also did not ask for any timelines - just that info would be provided about features, etc. scheduled for the next few releases.

To reiterate, I am confident that this info would be a great assistance to your user base considering all the new "News" regarding other apps that is now proliferating. I think it will also encourage your users to know that you are still behind us and are listening. I know that you are, but to have some reinforcement of that is appreciated.

Cheers.

lede
08-13-2004, 11:11 AM
So Chuck does this mean you got to stay home and watch the home fires? :D

Just kiddin' but thanks for being so informitive. The 8 release has been fun to play with and I think I've barly scratched the surface for this release. It would be nice to have it a little more stable but hey I'm still having loads of fun! Any new information from NT will just be icing on the cake for me.

-Lee

Chuck
08-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by lede
So Chuck does this mean you got to stay home and watch the home fires? :D

Yup. Sure did. :)

Just kiddin' but thanks for being so informitive. The 8 release has been fun to play with and I think I've barly scratched the surface for this release. It would be nice to have it a little more stable but hey I'm still having loads of fun! Any new information from NT will just be icing on the cake for me.

-Lee

Glad to hear you are enjoying [8], and will be pleased to bring you some news when the team feels ready for any announcements.