PDA

View Full Version : Knowledgeware Logo Animation

Zarathustra
08-13-2004, 08:29 AM
I just finished this thing. Man, I never went through SO many changes with a project but they're finally happy so that's all that matters.

3mb divx clip (http://magicanimation.com/Knowledgeware/allnew/HiRes6.avi)

It's my first HD project, actually.

Yeah, there are a bunch of things I could have done differently/better (in fact, in some cases I did but they weren't approved) but this is it, end of the line, done... finally.

Trawler
08-13-2004, 11:09 AM
That is great!! There are a lot of things going on in that clip that must have been really tough: the water drop, tree growing, lightening. Very nice.

You should be proud of that. Crack open a cold one and celebrate!!

OK, now get back to work :D

veljko
08-13-2004, 03:18 PM
hi,
looks cool all in all, but
the water droplet doesnt splash realistcly and the ground breaking by the thunder bolt is not how i would imagine the ground breaking from a thunderbolt- smoke and sparks and maybe fire would make it more thunderbolty:)

beside that the transition from the first cloud scene to the ground is a bit odd,

but since its a done job? there is no point in saying it now..

all in all shows potential to be a cool anim but fell short of greatness imho
:)

Zarathustra
08-14-2004, 04:04 PM
there is no point in saying it now..
no point, but you said it anyway. ;)

The whole script is convoluted.
They wanted, in this order:
[list=1]
storm clouds rolling in
flash of lightning
lightning hit ground
back to clouds, see rain drop fall
drop hits ground where lightning struck
tree grows out of ground there
wires grow out of ground and entwine around tree
tree and wires transform into log
logo has loopable lightning and moving hilight
[/list=1]

They couldn't be talked out of the raindrop, which initially destroys the flow of the animation because you're going back and forth and the drop just repeats what the lightning already established.
The storm at one point was rolling in over the horizon and then they changed it at the last minute to being IN the clouds
I was initially in tight on the ground with cool dust and stuff flying up as the lightning struck... got rejected. EVERY shot had to have the horizon visible (save in the sky, of course).
The thing that really destroyed my designs was DESPITE the fact that it's a storm, they kept making me lighten everything. I had it nice and blue, dark clouds, dark environment...
Man I could go on. The project went from love to hate and it's really disappointing when that happens ESPECIALLY when you have to go down paths you don't want to.

I'm just happy it's done.