PDA

View Full Version : scene causing lightwave to crash and burn

david_B
08-13-2004, 12:31 AM
I have an animated scene which I have spend a considerable amount of time on. I have backups. I was trying out some different render settings, etc, when I accidentally clicked on the "motion mixer" button. I thought nothing of this and carried on.

The next day, start up the scene, whaddaya know, it's caused lightwave to crash as soon as it tries to load the motion mixer data.

No problem, I'll just start up a backup. The backup crashed lightwave too.

Any other scene is alright, including another couple using all of the same objects, etc, for a different part of the animation.

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience, or could shed some light.

It is quite a high poly scene, between 250,000 and 500,000. There are quite a few textures.

I have 2 gig of ram and a decent 256 mb videocard. And no clue.

Any help would be great.

toby
08-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Try the 'load items from scene' and bring it into a new scene -

WizCraker
08-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Also try editing the scene file to remove the calls to motion mixer it is just a plain text file. Also lightwave saves a backed up version in your user settings on Windows it is under your Document and Settings applications temp folder [usualy is hidden].

david_B
08-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the responses. I've had to use the "load items from scene" trick before, a long time ago. I'll try it again this time. I didn't know about the backup files though. Is that in 7.5 or new to ver 8?

Well, I'll go look anyway. Thanks again.