PDA

View Full Version : Video Servers

JReble
08-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Anybody out there have any recommendations for a good low cost video server system? Basically we're lookin for a VTR replacement with 422 control and timecode seek that can record to hard disk while being controlled by the automation system on the rs422 port. I've narrowed the possibilities so far down to a Firestore FS-2, a Doremi V1M-400, and a Fast Forward Video Digideck. Anybody have any experience with any of these or have alternatives in the $5,000 and under range?

I'd really love to build my own, but the timecode recording and RS-422 VTR emulation are the real stumbling blocks. A good software program and a firewire card would let me do it all myself as good as any, but the software ain't out there as near as I can tell. :(

johnnytwoseven
12-27-2004, 06:50 AM
VirtualVTR.com

Send me an email if you want more info...we're dealers.

PIZAZZ
12-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Anybody out there have any recommendations for a good low cost video server system? Basically we're lookin for a VTR replacement with 422 control and timecode seek that can record to hard disk while being controlled by the automation system on the rs422 port. I've narrowed the possibilities so far down to a Firestore FS-2, a Doremi V1M-400, and a Fast Forward Video Digideck. Anybody have any experience with any of these or have alternatives in the $5,000 and under range?

I'd really love to build my own, but the timecode recording and RS-422 VTR emulation are the real stumbling blocks. A good software program and a firewire card would let me do it all myself as good as any, but the software ain't out there as near as I can tell. :(

What is your intended application??

I have a couple other ideas that might work also.

bradl
12-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Accom (http://www.accom.com/) makes a real nice one that fits your description perfectly. It is called WSD/HD and has lots of high-end features and is a very mature broadcast device that is now very affordable. I sound like a salesman! It just that I have used a lot of Accom devices before (Axial, Dveous, 8100 Switcher) and have had good experience with them.

JReble
12-30-2004, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Fortunately, in the interveening 4 months, I have already acquired a video server for my programming playback and it's working out fine.