PDA

View Full Version : Scuppered again!!!

Lowly Designer
08-12-2004, 05:52 AM
Well it's happened, something I thought I'd never have to experience in all my years using lightwave...

I can't use it anymore :eek: :( :mad:

Yes now i've left my employment I'm officially without Lightwave to work on my beloved 3D work.

I think i'm going to cry...

...a few tears later...

...I guess I'll have to scrape 1500 from the bottom of my already strained money barrel and go and buy it. (What a nightmare).

How do you all afford it? I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to donate a second hand copy to a sad, hard luck, struggling 3D artist... (shall I get my violin out now?);) ...I'm thinking of going to the street corner with a tin cup and holding up a placard what say you?... perhaps knocking on doors asking for charitable donations?

I just don't know what to do. It's a hard, tough life isn't it?

(sympathy please)

Peace and love to one and all!

art
08-12-2004, 07:12 AM
Try looking for an used copy of lightwave. As it was mentioned on this forum often, there are some good deals on ebay once in a while. I don't trust ebay that much with software sales, but I'm sure you can find good and valid (legal) deals there. Then there is this forum, go to buy/sell/trade section and see what's there.

I myself have bought a used copy of lightwave from a user on this forum at quite a discount. I'm happy since then.

EDIT:

for example, I just noticed this today:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26745

Lowly Designer
08-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanks Art for the suggestion I hope that some other users will post a few reply's offering their copies of Lightwave for me :D .

But until then I'll check out your link and see what happens.

Thanx