PDA

View Full Version : Architectural - church expansion

nthused
08-11-2004, 07:44 PM
LW 7.5c, FPrime 1.02
Background Radiosity at 135%, 2 bounces.

A last minute, one night setup, "extra" rendering the client asked for after seeing the preliminary interior renders. Gotta love those extras...

nthused
08-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Interior - gym

nthused
08-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Another gym shot

dilaima
08-11-2004, 11:02 PM
i like the interior more than the exterior, in fact i have a little comments on the exterior:
1-the firework in the sky is disturbing
2-cars, r good looking, but too perfect in material and parking, u can do some randomness in both
3-grass is repetetive, try to do a seemless map or use procedurals.

interior:
i really like this interior, good mood, scale and materilas.
no comments , but on the balls, u can change the material, to some real spalding ball, even the color is different.

other than this, it's a good work, keep it up.

kristof
08-12-2004, 12:28 AM
The 'firework' in the sky is probably just a plane that flew over. Where I live, there is not a moment that you don't see them, so for me this adds to the realism. I really like how the sky (which seems to be a photo) fits in with the CG elements.

I agree about the grass's repetitive texture, although I still think it looks really good. The repetetiveness will not be noticed by people that don't have an eye for this.
I especially like that the grass has some 'thickness', because in other pictures you often see that the grass is just a flat textured polygon. How did you do it (just a box?), and how does it look when seen from a closer distance?

For the interior shots: really nice. Reflection blurring is really your friend on the floor!

Very nice work!

alblil
08-12-2004, 01:07 AM
whats with the sparkly gym is that just me or what?

kristof
08-12-2004, 01:19 AM
I think the sparkly gym is caused by the render settings (probably radiosity settings).

ingo
08-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Nice work again. I agree with the comment about the cars, they are too colorful and reflective and distract from the building (although this is sometimes needed), i usually use only colors like grey/black, silver or dark blues/greens for the cars. And it seems that the interiors have not enough antialiasing, especially the white lines and the roof construction.

veljko
08-12-2004, 03:49 AM
looks cool-
the sparkling indeed is radiosity-
shading noise reduction i think should solve the problem,
or higher radiosity setting..

ingo
08-12-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by nthused
LW 7.5c, FPrime 1.02
Background Radiosity at 135%, 2 bounces..............

Backround Raydiosity with 2 bounces, weird.

nthused
08-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Thanks for all of the helpful comments.

For the grass - a box with a gradient - y distance from pivot point in the color to take it from light brown to the grass texture. The texture is a new one I decided to try at the last minute - that's what I get - very repetitive.
I need to spend some time with my cars to "dirty" them up a little - some of the brightness is from the fog not affecting the items closer - so they appear more vibrant than perhaps they should. Good comment.
The interior. I'm continueing to let FPrime render so the bright sparkles coming from the window opening above it won't be quite as blatant - think that the blurred reflections may have a little to do with this.
Here's a frame from the mezzanine area. All of the sports tables were modeled by myself - tough to find good ones out there.
Thanks again everyone.

nthused
08-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Here are those tables in better lighting...

ingo
08-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by nthused
Thanks for all of the helpful comments.

For the grass - a box with a gradient - y distance from pivot point in the color to take it from light brown to the grass texture. The texture is a new one I decided to try at the last minute - that's what I get - very repetitive.
I need to spend some time with my cars to "dirty" them up a little - some of the brightness is from the fog not affecting the items closer - so they appear more vibrant than perhaps they should. Good comment.

For the grass just use a Fractal noise as bump and a gradient on slope in the color and diffuse channel.
You dont have to dirt up the cars, just desaturate the color a bit and use less reflection.

nthused
08-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by ingo
For the grass just use a Fractal noise as bump and a gradient on slope in the color and diffuse channel.
You dont have to dirt up the cars, just desaturate the color a bit and use less reflection.

Thanks. I'll continue to work on the grass - always a very weak part of my renderings.
Good idea on the cars to - should complete the look - not take over :-)

ingo
08-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Just to give you an impression about my car colors :

nthused
08-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Great work.

Thanks for the example...worth a thousand words... Cars look great - but are secondary to the render.

pixym
08-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Very cute job :)