PDA

View Full Version : 6 hour video (Kinda long)

Tod Cole
08-11-2004, 03:09 PM
k
i captured a 6 hour video from our Sat feed. when i drop into timeline it renders file out. I move or touch nothing. the file will ready up with the green light lit and audio will appear in timeline. when i goto playback clip it rolls no studdering BUT no audio. Deleted the audio info from newtek render files and made the clip rerender out again and the audio pops up below video but NO AUDIO. The Audio in the TED window shows nothing and the mixer nothing. So I take the file and press render fromtimeline. I render only one minute of the 6 hour video and it produces a flat line audio with Zippo also. Newtek can you help? The original 6 hours shows peaks and lows but it will not playback for whatever reason.
Ps this was gonna be a backup that could loop if we lost something because of the tropical storm. Nothing like pressure...:confused:

bradl
08-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Holy smokes Batman a 6 hour clip!

Not sure this is the problem but it seem to me that even if it looks like it is ready and even a green light it is still preparing in the background. A file that long may take 5 solid minutes or more. The audio cache file it creates will be huge, even up in the 10's of gigs.

mgrusin
08-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Make sure you're not running out of disk space, for both the main cache file (see prefs for location, I have mine in the root of my vid array), or the clip directory (where Newtek_info lives).

I had a similar problem back in VT2 when I had 2 hour clips, and was only running 512MB of RAM. Upgrading to 1MB RAM definitely helped with the long clips. (You might also make sure you're not running out of virtual memory; if your C: drive is very full this could happen. Keep an eye on Task Manager (ctrl-alt-del) while you're having problems).

You're doing the right things, but I suspect VT quietly fails (no error messages) rendering the audio when there's a disk or memory problem.

Good luck! -MG.

sbrandt
08-14-2004, 03:09 AM
* * * d o i n k * * *

Wow, I knew you were good a math Mike, but turning 512MB into 1MB as an upgrade is amazing.

Is that like a hyperspace, zero-point thingy? :cool:

mgrusin
08-14-2004, 12:20 PM
LOL! It was such a large upgrade, it went all the way around the other side. :p

-MG :D