PDA

View Full Version : That plane again

Epita
04-01-2003, 12:42 PM
well, i have DivX so nice small files now yay!

Anyway here is a very short movie just practicing physics, what do you think of the textures and stuff?

Epita

http://www.orkanix.com/epita/take off 3.avi

Zombat
04-01-2003, 01:03 PM
if anything, the texture needs to be less...grimy. more clear-cut lines, panels, perhaps lettering, a little bit of wind-grime on the edges.

Really nice particle work there, and I do like the engine flares there as well. Nice job.

Epita
04-01-2003, 01:16 PM
textures on what, the plane or the snow (thats what its meant to be btw)

yeah im bored and want to get back to 3rd (sad)

Epita

Epita
04-01-2003, 01:21 PM
AHHH NOO

sory that was the wrong move, i wanted you to look at this one but look at both then!

http://www.orkanix.com/epita/planeland2.avi

There we go

Epita

Hervé
04-02-2003, 05:05 AM
Nice anims Epita, yes I have to second Zombat, textures need some work.... but if it's the style you're after, that's fine, Maybe the light inside the plane is too bright also..... ok I'll stop critisizing....

Epita
04-02-2003, 12:22 PM
what inside light, thats just defult its not textured yet. And what texture are you moaning about give some hints please!

Epita

danilo
04-02-2003, 03:53 PM
You know,I like camera movement.It has a human touch,and not a sterile and smooth,that we usualy see in 3D.
danilo

Rory_L
04-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Epita, those are nice anims. The landing bounce is good and the take off wobble is all well done. There is a strange forward surge just before landing; I don`t know if that was on purpose, but the jets are facing the other way.

On the take off, before the hatch closes, the texture buzzes like the polys are sharing the same space as those of the fuselage. Try pulling the door away from the hull a touch.

Cheers,

R

Zombat
04-03-2003, 05:19 AM
The textures on the plane - they're to blurry, repetitave, and grimy.

Zarathustra
04-03-2003, 08:28 AM
And what texture are you moaning about give some hints please!

You know, for someone obviously just starting out, I think your tone sucks. You're being handled with kid gloves here, so graciously accept everyone's comments and get better.

Congrats on the divx. That's at least one step in the right direction.

loebek
04-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Give your images shadows=depth

cu
loebek

Epita
04-04-2003, 11:16 AM
thankyou for somone for telling me what the texture thing was, i wan them to look grimy and covered in whatnot. however the reasong there are no images is beacuse i cant do them with a 8mb graphics card (laptop).

I know about the motion, but i havent reworked it yet, ill show you when its done.

The door is on the same level as the body of the plane, hence the stupid lookingness, i want it to be smooth when its closed, the movement is not that often.

Finally the scene is lit with one light, the defult (i was in a slight rush and not bothered) so thats why there are no shadows, also the inside is not textured so thats why the strangeness of it!

Thanks anyway

Epita

Zarathustra
04-04-2003, 11:25 AM
First off, stop posting these things in the Finished forum.

Take the time and "bother" to light your scene, add shadows, and take more than a minute to texture everything before posting. What on Earth could you have been in such a "rush" for that you couldn't have addressed these things?

Epita
04-04-2003, 11:44 AM
What im showing is really the animation and particle work (which people liked) thats finished and i think most of this was done in a physics lesson (hence the rush) dont moan about the shadows not being done, they are not part of this movie, when i have done a fully lit, fully finished movie (coming up soon, ive finished school) you will know

300 Post Wahoo

Epita

Zarathustra
04-04-2003, 12:04 PM
We're not mind readers. Next time, if you want to share a test, let us know what you're testing. Then people could address the focus of your animation and not "moan" about all the other facets that need so much work.

As for finished, that's not finished. The jets should shut down before rotating 90 degrees or else the plane would lurch forward on the ground.

Good for you for finding fans. Next time, pay attention in Physics and save the animating for at home, on your own time.

I'm sure your fans can't wait for your finished movie.

trentonia
04-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Also sprach Zarathustra!:)