PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to download stream videos?

badllarma
08-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi all well it's nearly here and I have a problem I'll only catch the first 1 1/2 hours of the live streams as I work nights any one know if we will be able to down load them as there is some great people on stage this year ansd love to see there demos

Matt
08-10-2004, 10:39 AM
I bloody hope so too! Despite being on Broadband here the stream was jerky as hell last year, or I could only hear what was happening.

Would be nice to be able to download the streams, but I don't think NT can handle the bandwidth if the LightWave 8 downloads are anything to go by!

Chuck
08-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Please bear in mind that the issue with the LW[8] PDF downloads was that the PDF was first placed on our internal bandwidth, instead of our ftp bandwidth - once we corrected that there was no problem with folks getting a fast download.

Yes, we will be providing Quicktime files of the stream for download. These will be on our FTP site, and there will be an index page linked off the stream page that will list and link to these as they are added.

Matt
08-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Ahhhhh thanks for the explanation Chuck! Sorry if it sounded like I was having a pop at NT!

(I'm guessing you might have removed another thread of mine too, sorry about that! I guess I'm just stepping all over NT's toes at the moment! I shall correct myself!)

:)

colkai
08-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Chuck
Yes, we will be providing Quicktime files of the stream for download. These will be on our FTP site, and there will be an index page linked off the stream page that will list and link to these as they are added.

Way cool chuck, I'd hate to miss Mr Van Dykes demo, I can't wait to see what he does! :D

Can someone clarify the start time, (6:12 GMT and no stream yet). I thought it was 17:00 GMT - am I worng (you watch, it'll be 19:00 or summar daft! ;) )

badllarma
08-10-2004, 11:18 AM
cool cheers chuck :D