PDA

View Full Version : to Synchronize 2 toaster system ?

tecnoponta
08-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Is possible to synchronize 2 toaster system?
Imagine this situation. I have a event with two screens, side by side, and I want to use 2 toaster system ( one T3, left screen, and other T2, right screen). I need playback 2 video each one in different toaster, but absolutely synchronizeds, frame accurate zero. I can to guarantee the transition point to both toasters by GPI comand or Data Ton, Data Ton is a synchronizer by serial port of the computer, I tested and works good.My question is.
If I start the playback the same time in a both toasters the video will be synchronizeds, even without time code ?

PIZAZZ
08-10-2004, 08:22 AM
How is this answer...

Maybe.

IF your source material is of equal length AND you can start them perfectly at the same time then there should be no reason for them to not be in sync.

Currently there is no way to sync a VT system to MIDI or SMPTE time code. Hopefully there will be a way in the future. That will open up a whole realm of possibilities for the VT system in stage and other live performances.

Kurt_Henning
08-10-2004, 09:04 AM
what is your final outcome idea here?

It sounds interesting to find the answer

bbeanan
08-10-2004, 10:26 AM
What you could do is use another playback device that is synced and locked, feed that into each toaster as an input and there you go 100% in sync. I have used a Soloist 2 Hard Drive Playback system to do this and it works great.... check out http://www.adtecinc.com/

But pretty much get any two decks that you can sync and it should work just fine as an input.

Jim_C
08-10-2004, 10:34 AM
1-Keyboard
1-Y Jack
2-Computers

Hit play on keyboard, whamo, both jump into action,

you could have them wired into a a/b keyboard switch to go back to individual keyboard control at the flick of a switch

maybe?

sounds like a doable.

Jim

PIZAZZ
08-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Thought a little bit more about this. What if the upcoming VT system has Preview out as rumored. You could use the Preview out feed to one monitor and then Program out to the other. Use two separate DDRs with a custom script to trigger both to start at the exact same time.

That could be do able also. Can't wait to see the new version of VT....

bradl
08-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by PIZAZZ
Currently there is no way to sync a VT system to MIDI or SMPTE time code. Hopefully there will be a way in the future. That will open up a whole realm of possibilities for the VT system in stage and other live performances. I have hoped for external Timeline control (VTR emulation) for a long time. I have talked to most at Newtek about it and Aussie seemed the most likely to get the ball rolling. I supplied him a Sony 910 Edit controller for testing but I don't think he has begun work on it. He talked as if this would not be that hard to add to the code base.

If this type of functionality would have big impact on LIVE then we should let Newtek know and bring this to the front burner or at least out of the round file...