PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave and WinUAE

Hiraghm
08-09-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm going to ask this in the Amiga VT section (there still is one, right?) But I thought it would be okay to ask here too...

I have LW 7.5c on my PC, with the USB dongle. I have an A3000 with LW 3.5 with the par port dongle.

I would like to try out the Amiga LW under WinUAE on the PC, but I don't want to mess up the dongles or my existing setup.

Is it doable? I know it won't be as good as 7.5c PC, but that's not the point. I never got to play with LW more than a couple minutes at a time back when it was Amiga only, and I'd like to do so now.

erikals
08-11-2004, 04:01 PM
It might be possible, haven't tried using parallel port on PC via UAE, but I think maybe you can. Use a program like Amiback or something on the Amiga to make backup of your Amiga HD, burn the content on a CD. On the PC start WinUAE and extract the CD content.

It was a long time ago so that's all I remember I'm afraid.
It worked. Some programs might have problems running in certain resolutions (like certain parts of Scala, if anyone remember that prog), but most will run fine.

Love the Amiga :)

iaef
08-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Hey! I not only remember Scala, I am still using it, and it makes a difference in my presentations against does made on PowerPoint and the likes... :D

About the dongle... I think there should not be a problem, but as I remember the rule is. Put the most modern dongle on the port directly and cascade with the old Amiga dongle (that is connect it on the back of your modern dongle).

erikals
08-12-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by iaef
Hey! I not only remember Scala, I am still using it, and it makes a difference in my presentations against does made on PowerPoint and the likes... :D

Hehe, cool :D
We actually use Amiga Scala here too, mostly maintenance work now though. Used to install systems onboard HollandAmerica/ Princess Cruises/ and many other ones. Still running :)

I wonder, you haven't tried Scala under WinUAE, have you? (cause I have wipe display problems on it and more probs).

Actually used Lightwave on Amiga not too long ago as well, it's the only way to render animated .iff. I think I'm gonna ask NewTek to make support for animated iff in LW 8.5.