PDA

View Full Version : another architectural rendering

dilaima
08-08-2004, 06:03 PM
this was done entirely in lw, no post editing.

sidious
08-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Nice, clean & Very tasty work.
Did you model the trees or are they Dosch etc models?

dilaima
08-09-2004, 02:35 AM
10x for ur comments sidious, actually benches r dosch (garden designer), trees r xfrog models (mediterrenian), everything else r done from scratch.

miso popovic
08-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Did you turn Radiosity on?

dilaima
08-09-2004, 07:53 AM
ambient light 15%
1 area light (main, shadow)
2 distant lights (filling, no shadow)
radiosity off

miso popovic
08-09-2004, 01:05 PM
you can't have an arhitectual render with radiosity off (i would strongly recomend to allways have radiosity on in all your renders, or if you can't due to some reason, try fake it with some light setting), without it it's REALY difficult (dare i say imposible) to get realistic shadow's, they will look strong,sharp and to even. I know it increases render time so much, for this you can use FPrime, it renders so much faster than f10 i LW :)

adrian
08-09-2004, 01:18 PM
That's really good. What's the building used for?

Adrian.

dilaima
08-09-2004, 01:56 PM
@ miso, actually, i used to use radiosity b4, but now i just do the light trick by faking natural lighting, and for fprime the rendered image is already cooked with fprime ;)
note that radiosity will give a realistic lightning, but after my experience in architectural, radiosity will give help u more in interior shot, not in exterior, for the exterior u can just fake lighting, almost u don't need color blending and reflect, and finally for the shadows and smoothness, i don't c that the pic have a sharp edges shadows, and aboput the density it's due to the sun location ;)

@adrian, 10x for ur comments, the building is a shopping mall (electrical stuff and home appliances)