PDA

View Full Version : How to get Vegas to use the Toaster card

ottis41
08-08-2004, 07:31 AM
I keep hearing that you can use Vegas Video with the Toster card and go out through the BOB to an NTSC monitor. SO can some one give me a bit of insight on this? I work alot in Vegas and a lot in VT3 ( mainly Swicher some VTEdit ) I tried to being an EDL over no luck, but if i could get vegas to show on an NTSC life in the color lane would be better.
After effects works fine with VT3.
Thanks
O

ScorpioProd
08-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Well, I guess the better question would be "where" do you keep hearing this?

I've never heard of this and I try and keep up on everything VT[3].

ottis41
08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
From a group of guys at Advaced Lighting and sound, they said Adobe Premire works with the VT3 and so dose Vegas video.
I was at a Demo for Pro tools when i heard about it.

ScorpioProd
08-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Well, as for Premiere Pro 1.5, Bob Tasa is still working on his plug-ins which will make this possible. Bob Tasa made the plug-ins in the past that allow the VT to work with Premiere, but they aren't compatible with Premiere Pro.

As for Vegas, no one has made any plug-ins for VT for it that I know of. And there would definately need to be some type of plug-in/driver support in order to make it work.

Nice idea, though. :)

BTW, I don't mean to imply that you can't use Premiere Pro or Vegas AND the VT[3] in the same system, you can, but not with them actually interacting with the VT[3] card at all.

Heck, VT[3]'s audio I/O isn't ASIO complient and won't even work with Premiere Pro at all.

ottis41
08-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks Guys
It would be nice, to have a general driver for other software packages. I will just have to out put through 3194 theough my DSR 11 to an NTSC monitor. just not really good frame rate unless you render.. Ahh Render, i dont event like saying it.