PDA

View Full Version : Raydiosity questions

ingo
08-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Is there any way to set the light bounce for Interpolated Raydiosity to zero ? Or even better, is there any way to cache Backdrop Raydiosity ? I get nice results for still pictures with Backdrop Raydiosity and good render times, but animation times are way to high because i can't cache it. Any ideas, or is this a future feature request ?

My other question is regarding the backdrop. How is it calculated, is it a sphere that uses the maximum extend of my objects, or is it a sphere always located at 0,0,0 ? Or something else, maybe someone from Newtek can explain this ??

Thanks in advance

Lightwolf
08-08-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by ingo
My other question is regarding the backdrop. How is it calculated, is it a sphere that uses the maximum extend of my objects, or is it a sphere always located at 0,0,0 ? Or something else, maybe someone from Newtek can explain this ??

I'd assume a sphere at 0,0,0 with an infinite extent.

Either that or a sphere located at each point to be sampled, with infinite extent (i.e., take the point to be shaded as the origin, and only use the ray angles to find the location on the backdrop).

Cheers,
Mike