PDA

View Full Version : Bizzare Jumping cursor issue PLEASE HEEEELLLLPPP!!!!

Lowly Designer
08-07-2004, 05:19 AM
I use Lightwave 7.5c on my G5 dual 2gig with 4GB ram and 2x 160GB HD's and have experienced an unwanted problem.

I havent had time to browse through the full forum so if this issue has been reported already please someone direct me to the link.

The problem is simply that every time I go to select something or move something or literally do anything the thing I'm moving/selecting etc will jump horrendusly across the screen.

The problem can best be illustrated when moving points/polys in modeler or views in layout (it affects both apps) when you go to move a point the point will jump in 3D space as soon as you click in the view you want to move it in, causing you to have to undo the jump then reclick in the view to move the point properly. I find myself doing twice the amount of work because of all the undo's.

I've tried re-installing LW but it doesn't seem to make any difference... please please please someone help me before I go insane!

noiseboy
08-07-2004, 06:03 AM
in display options change input device to tablet. This should do the trick (upgrading to LW8 also fixes it)

Lowly Designer
08-08-2004, 01:06 AM
I'll try that and get back to you - I'll have to do it monday as my G5 is at work.