PDA

View Full Version : Im New

edyzero
08-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Im new with LW this is the first think that i do and like.

Let me what u think

riki
08-06-2004, 06:23 PM
hey cool start, welcome aboard.

gpdesigner
08-06-2004, 07:29 PM
what riki said... nice start...
welcome aboard...
gp

veljko
08-07-2004, 03:37 AM
the modell is interesting-
now what you should do is check out some tutorials for "radiosity"-
i think that would improve your scenes a bunch-
you might want to turn on "anitaliasing" to about "medium" setting. This will make the image much smoother and nicer (it is located under "camera options")

while you do that you might just put a distant light or an arealight (use low values, around 20) to liven up the dark part of the object- pleace it so it is facing the shadow part of the object- this is in direct opposit to the first light (in the "light wiev" of your new light you should see the first light and the dark part of the object).

i have placed a floor object for the radiosity cos when using radiosity you need to have something the light will bounce off- like a floor for example

if you compare the first ball with the last two you will see what i mean-

edyzero
08-07-2004, 04:19 AM
Ok let see if it looks better, to me ther is not much difference but i'll let you deccide

veljko
08-07-2004, 07:55 AM
the antialiasing did help- but the lightening is still not good-
:)

freez
08-07-2004, 08:45 AM
have you got surface smoothing on?, as the nose seems far too polygonal,

gpdesigner
08-07-2004, 11:26 AM
There is a difference.. not only the AA but the shadowing is a bit smoother accross the face of the image....
gp
p.s. are you using spot lights or distant light... if you use spotlighting and shadow map.... the difference will be very noticable.

Ramon
08-07-2004, 01:35 PM
edyzero:
Welcome. Nice to have you "on board". :)
Regarding your image, I think it would look better (compositionally speaking) if you had the camera at a different angle this way lights and shadows will play a bigger role in discribing the form and it will have the added effect of making the image look a bit more interesting. Along with this is it would be nice to have some bounced light that spills onto your object which will give you the effect (or a scaled down version) of radiosity (which is nice and is all the rage these days) without the big render hit. Though for this low poly object, the render time differencial will be, I imagine, very minimal.

Keep it up. By the way, I like look of the eyes in the first one better. The second one looks a bit too painterly (just an opinion though).
Wish you the best!

cowhide98
08-08-2004, 04:28 PM
I think its cool. I cant figure out how to use lightwave and if some one could tell me where to get some help i would be very greatful.:)

riki
08-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Try also increasing the 'Subpatch Resolution' for 'Render' no 'Display' in the object properties panel. This will smooth things out.

Lots of tuts here http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Newest_Links.htm also check my modeling tut below.

edyzero
08-11-2004, 10:17 AM
here's the last render. hope u like it

cowhide98
08-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Nice! I see you have changed the eyes. They have less swirls. The picture is a bit big but other than that I think it's a great start!:) :D :)

alblil
08-12-2004, 01:16 AM
ok this is a crappy version but it gets the point across, you might consider doing a 3 point lighting system, the green things are the lights and the red thing is the camera, and the blue thing is the object, and a 3 point lighting system is using 3 lights to delete all HARD shadows leaving one or two ver soft ones. there are always lights on boths sides of the camera usally about the height of the camera maybe one can be a little shoter pointed upward, and the light in the back is usally real up pointed just above the center of theobject or is real far away with a high intencity, so play around with 3 point lighting look some stuff up and you'll become a pro in no time.

edyzero
08-12-2004, 10:58 AM
acktualy i used fast fresenel, i was just playing with the efect and some other light efect (caucasiti and some other staff).

But thanks for the tip