PDA

View Full Version : Uv Map Bug

Tyler007
08-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Lightwave 8 have a clip map bug when adding a UV map. It will work and then when the scene is reloaded the objects will not render. ???? Will there be a patch for this problem in the future. It is a very annoying bug. It causes me to reload maps and fool around with the texture until it works again. The UV map is applied to the trees. I have fog in the scene so I must use a clip map for the scene to render correctly. And so you folks at NewTek all the competitions programs don't have this problem so please fix this. Or at least tell me a way around this bug.

I am a lightwave user since the Amiga.....

Axis3d
08-07-2004, 07:33 PM
I just did a test to try and replicate your problem, but it works fine with me. I made a polygon, created a UV map for it, put a tree texture on it (which has an imbeded alpha channel). Then added a clip map to it by cloning an instance of the image in the Image Panel and changing the instance to Alpha Only.

Axis3d
08-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Are you running Lightwave on a local machine or a network? Perhaps it could be a network path problem with finding the tree texture map.

Fozz
08-08-2004, 04:58 PM
I've had tons of problems with LW clipmaps too.
Never managed to find out exactly how or why, but my clipmapped polygons would first render just fine, then if I just cloned a few of those polygons (like cloning up a tree), some random polygons would just not render properly again.
I try to manage without clipmaps as much as possible now. :(

Axis3d
08-09-2004, 02:15 PM
You need to make sure Pixel Blending is turned off for clip maps. This has been a bug in LW for a long time.

Tyler007
08-10-2004, 11:12 AM
:confused: well good at least i am not the only one with this problem. hopefully NewTek will fix this in the future. Oh and ya the problem only happens when you clone the object. It is just a pain in the but to hand place the object 150 times. I will just use 7.5 for trees till the problem is fixed... :( Or is there another way to make the trees work in fog without using a clip map????