PDA

View Full Version : New Plugin: Image Editor Plus

Blochi
08-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Ok, it actually is an LScript for Layout.

Unlike the original, it allows you to edit your Images in an external application. Like Photoshop, HDRShop, AfterFX, anything that is an .exe and can understand commandline arguments.
No digging through deep paths on your drive anymore. Just select the image and send it over...

http://www.Blochi.com/gfx/lscripts/ImageEditor_Plus.jpg

Key features:
- 4 fully configurable application slots.
- You can load images.
- Multiselection.
- common Keys like Arrow Up/Down for browsing the list.

Works in LightWave 8, PC only.

Get it here: www.Blochi.com/gfx/lscripts/ImageEditorPlus.zip

It also requires Mike Dailly's awesome TextureReload plugin (Thanks Mike!):
http://www.mikedailly.com/files/TextureReload.zip

It is Freeware, off course.
If you like it, and feel generous today, you might consider making a donation of 5 bucks or something: www.Blochi.com/donate

Enjoy,
Blochi

HowardM
08-05-2004, 01:46 PM
BLOCHI YOU ROCK!
:D

brap
08-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Very cool, thank you!
A couple of requests: :)
-Could you add the ability to display the images alphabetically, by size, etc.
-Is there a way to have an image selected in your editor get selected in the Image Editor?

regards,

hrgiger
08-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Quite a few nice new plugs lately from LWavers. Awesome.

Blochi
08-05-2004, 02:50 PM
thanks guys,

@brap:

Yeah, alphabetical ordering crossed my mind. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing what is selected in ImageEditor or selecting something over there from out of my script.

Other things I might put it:
- a filter that shows only textures of the currently selected object.
- making it non-modal, a Master Plugin that is.
- adding Support for Digital Fusion/DFX+ (very tricky).
- an alternate thumbnail browser view.

For right now I concentrated on getting it stable. Still labelled Version 0.7 , though...

Blochi

HowardM
08-05-2004, 02:52 PM
will your plugin allow animated filters, etc, like the real image editor?
:p
talk to NT!

Blochi
08-05-2004, 03:31 PM
no.
Its not a replacement and not meant to be.

Just a plugin that can spawn external apps, and the look & feel like Image Editor was just the most logical way of making an interface that everybody will find convenient.

Blochi

Muad'dib
08-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Many thanks Blochi :) I can definitely see this one coming in very handy indeed.

Chris S. (Fez)
08-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Thank you.

Lamont
08-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Will this work in Modeler?

cresshead
08-05-2004, 06:33 PM
one thing i do miss in lightwave that's a option in max is to crop the image in the material editor [lw read surface editor]

is there anyway to have a crop image capability in image editor or some other plugin...the one in 3dsm max is a "live crop", it doesn't save out a new edited image just applies your crop setting in the material editor for you.

would be nice as i use this feature all the time in max.

anyway cheers for the plugin..i'll take it for a spin this weekend

steve g:D

dpartridge
08-05-2004, 10:05 PM
cant wait for a mac version of this?

Blochi
08-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Humm ... Mac and Modeler,both good points.
I will look into this.

Blochi

Hervé
08-05-2004, 11:42 PM
maybe a stupid question.... but I thought that unlike xxxx.p the xxxx.lsc worked in both platforms...?

Blochi
08-06-2004, 12:12 AM
true, but

a) It makes a system call to the OS.
b) I haven't checked it out yet.
c) It relies on Mike Dailly's Tecture Reload plugin which IS a .p ... so at least the "Reload Images" button won't work.

Blochi

Hervé
08-06-2004, 12:38 AM
thanks for the script as well for the explanation Blochi !:D

harlan
08-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac support please!!!! ;)

Sheeesh, are we going to have to supply every LW developer with a Mac workstation to get ports or what???

It would be nice if LScript was good enough to avoid the creation of C class plugins altogether, everyone would just code out LScripts and they'd work across all platforms. Speaking of scripting, why the hell do we have LScript? Why not incorporate Perl or Python or some other industry standard platform independent scripting language? Anyways, not trying to hijack this thread...just thinking out loud while I type. ;)

Blochi
08-06-2004, 08:43 PM
sorry, tried to get it working on my G3 iBook, but without any luck. I think OS X just doesn't do commandline stuff ...

However, I got it to work in Modeler.

Download it again from http://www.blochi.com/gfx/imgeditor_en.html

There is the new version 0.8, consisting of two plugins. One for Layout, one for Modeler . You can just overwrite the old, layout-only one - so it will stay in your button config.
The two now share the preferences, but you will have to reconfigure them...

enjoy.
Blochi

Karmacop
08-06-2004, 09:34 PM
If you're having trouble with the mac port then maybe ask Richard Brak [email protected] if he could help. I think he'll port free plugins for free, but don't quote me. But as you do have a mac, is the problem that you haven't done much mac progrmming and so you're not as good on the mac? Or is it that the mac command line stuff will need to be very different to the windows version? No offence intended.

Blochi
08-06-2004, 09:49 PM
It might be substantially different, impossible, or just a typo in my script. I just have no idea. It's not the first time I get into trouble with OS-specific stuff in LScript. I can code for Lightwave, and do LW-internal stuff, but any system stuff is always a nightmare. It theoretically runs on a Mac as it is, but the main command that makes it effective is just not working.

Well, it doesn't run on my G3 iBook, because LW crashes when loading any JPEG anyway. And the Thumbnail happens to be a JPEG.

Blochi

Lamont
08-06-2004, 10:28 PM
You're sweeter than ice cream!! Thanks!! Will use with gusto!!

thekho
08-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks very much! U ROCK!