PDA

View Full Version : VT dual monitor VTVision causing issus? Paul? Andrew?

stargatesg1
08-04-2004, 05:20 PM
I recently got a nice new Apple 20inch cinema display. THEY ROCK!!! However my 19inch crt which is set up as a secondary monitor keeps going out of scan range when i activate a vt visoon or vtvison inside of cg. Note no other component does this or causes issues. I have both set to slightly differnt res' The cinema is wide screen and the 19in is standard 4:3 Both seem to work except that the crt goes out of scan range with vtvison comes up. Does vtvision override something???

I have an Nvidia 5900 card. Have the apple hooked up via dvi and the crt va standard vga.
Im running pathch 3 of vt3.

any insight is welcome.. for anyone with dual monitors.. help if you can.
cadams (at) furrytv (dot) com

stargatesg1
08-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Im still stumped..tried fiddling with settings on nview etc.. no performance hit that i can tell luckly.. Though id lvoe to be able to use both monitors.. No on using dual setup?

SBowie
08-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by stargatesg1
I have both set to slightly differnt res' Hmmmm -- this may be a clue. It sounds as though you are running the monitors using XP's native dual support - not the nVidia driver equivalent, which works differently.

If so, there will be some problems. You would want to disable the second montior under XP, and instead set up Horizontal Span in the nVidia adapter Advanced settings.

stargatesg1
08-07-2004, 05:37 AM
I have been useing the nvidia advanced settings to do this. I wonder if they really do need similar monitors to do this.. one is wide screen one is not.
every other program is happy except for toaster but only when i activate the vtvison.. otherwise vtedit loves it and cg without the preview

SBowie
08-07-2004, 06:43 AM
I have been useing the nvidia advanced settings to do this. ?? You mentioned you are running different resolutions on the two monitors. I am not aware of any way to do this using the nVidia Advanced Settings, which is why I assume you have the XP dual display enabled.

stargatesg1
08-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Hmm im not aware of that.. but i do have the latest nview and it seems to be a function there within the nview display controle system. i am under advanced settings for the nvidia card and it pops out that side bar on the left with all the advance colour settings etc. there is an invidia wizzard that can set up 3 diffent modes.. Spaned or mirror. I chose spanned then chose the resoloution separtely on each monitor once that was set up. see one moniter is wide screen oen isn't so they won't match resoloution.
differnt aspect raitos.
The wird thing is everything else is happy even vt edit.. the only thing that trips it up in when i activate a vt visioin. then the second monitor goes out os scan range. even if that vtvisiion is on the wide screen primary. and it displays fine. Just thinking that the toaster does something to the scan or refresh rate or someting.. when one is activated ???

Paul Lara
08-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Just thinking that the toaster does something to the scan or refresh rate or someting.. when one is activated ???

No, it does not. What it does do is blit YUV video on top of your monitor's display. What resolution are you running?

stargatesg1
08-08-2004, 12:35 PM
well since one is the apple cinema display. the nifty shiny aluminium one.. its set at 1680x1250 and the 19inch crt is set for 1600x1200
i did find that the tvision when on was taking up the whole monitor after playing with settings. but now i ave to so that both are running.. BUT the tvision on the second display *CRT* just freeses till i pull it back over to the lcd.
LCD is setup at 1 and crt set up at 2

Paul Lara
08-08-2004, 12:46 PM
The "out of range" issue is with your monitor, not VT[3]. What happens if you reduce the resolution?

djlithium
08-09-2004, 03:57 AM
I beg to differ about the "They rock" comment about the cinema displays.

For the same price as an apple cinema display, you can buy a 30" LG and it comes with DVI, VGA and Composite and S-Video Inputs, stereo speakers and supports higher resolutions.
You got sucked by a MAC product!!

In Canada its about 3200 bucks. The LG that is. Hell, even the discontinued version of the 30" LG (the 22"inch) was 3200 bucks and it had all that and supports higher resolutions.