PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best rendering choice?

Jean-Paul Lar.
08-04-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm wondering what is the best choice for rendering? for instance im working on a short film and would like to know if there is a certian format that would work for all media. should i render them as uncompressed image sequence or should I use say the quicktime setting? or do i have to render it as interlaced ntsc if its for television and dvd? or is there a setting i can render it at that if needed can be converted to say a format for televison and a format for computers? Any help would be great cause i usually render my sequnces as quicktime with no compression but im not sure if this is a good idea? im gonna need it to work on dvd for television vhs for television and would like it to look good on a computer also?:D sorry if this is confusing. I know im confused.lol. :cool:

Silkrooster
08-04-2004, 06:17 PM
It's definately better if you only have to render once. So I suggest getting a good video editing program. Preferably one that can interlace the video for you. Render your animation as a sequence. Then if something needs to be corrected you only have to render a small portion of the video. Place the sequence in the video editor and create your Quicktime, AVI, Mpeg, DVD or whatever. It will still take time to create the other formats, but it will be closer to real time conversion of 30 frames per second instead of 1 minute or higher per frame. (Times may vary do to unknown factors)
One more benefit of sequences, they load directly into a photo editor for post work.

Jean-Paul Lar.
08-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Cool thanks Silkrooster for the help.
:D