PDA

View Full Version : baking the motion of another motion modifier

3dgirl
08-04-2004, 04:21 PM
I have a camera with a motion modifier (jolt) applied to it. I want to bake the motion to get rid of the plugin as the scene will be imported into another application.

This works fine except that motion baker seems to very slightly alter the existing camera path so that it now slightly cuts through objects where before it was fine. Why is this?Is it not possible to correctly bake another motion modifier?

I know it recommends to bake to an extra channel, but this doesn't suit my purpose. When i write to the extra channel the motion path stays correct, but doesn't incorporate the plugin, so when i delete the plugin there is no jolt on the move.

any ideas?

thanks, anna

Alexx
09-06-2008, 03:21 AM
I, same problem here :

I want to bake the path of a camera, with some shaking added with a textured motion (I tried both with a turbulence texture as motion plugin, or as channel plugin on Y, H and P)

On ly the keyframed values seems to be detected, impossible to get the texture values added to it.

I've made a LScript wich get the worldPosition and worldRotation of the camera to generate a baked path, but it dosen't solves the problem at all... (so these functions are inacurate in this case...)
The script only pick the keyframed values alone...

So how to bake a motion path INCLUDING the deformations made by motion or channels plugins ?

thanks

Alexx
09-06-2008, 04:08 AM
After more tests I've found a solution, in my case at least :

in the graph editor options, activate the "always show modified" checkbox under the display tab
then scrub through the timeline until the modified curve appears (dottted) in graph editor
then you can press "b" (with the focus on the graph editor window) to bake the curve, it will be correct

but this only works for textured channels, motion modifier are not baked at all...

the "always show modified" function seems broken in some way since it needs the user to tweak the timeline to work
and of course, the bake function has a strange behavior...

Alexx
09-06-2008, 04:14 AM
also, while scrubbing the timeline, do some clicks in the graph editor curve area to update it, it helps to display the modified curve

Alexx
09-06-2008, 04:17 AM
ah.... their is still a problem : if the opacity of the texture applied to the channel has an envelope to vary the intensity of the effect... it's not taken in account in the baking.... GREAT ! :devil:

:lwicon::thumbsdow