PDA

View Full Version : Fast Cloth Plugin (Intel)

ColinCohen
08-04-2004, 08:36 AM
I just released Fast Cloth, an experimental plugin based on a concept posted by Samus on this forum a little while ago.

Please note that the plugin requires 8.0.

http://cohen-plugs.tripod.com

GregMalick
08-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Colin,
Check out the zip I added on the original thread and let me know what you think.

aloha

ColinCohen
08-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Nice work, Greg. :)

GregMalick
08-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Thanks, Colin.:D
Considering the great programming work that you've done, I take that as a quite a compliment.

harlan
08-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Colin makes some great stuff, but I'd like to see it ported to the Mac platform.

There are a few people here that would be more than happy to help you port you plugs over to the Mac, Colin, if you're interested.

ColinCohen
08-05-2004, 05:45 PM
A bug has been reported in regards to using unsaved objects. Please download the latest version.

harlan, unfortuantely, for a number of reasons, I'm not comfortable about having a third party compile my plugins. But if I ever get access to a Mac, I will gladly port them.

Samus
06-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Hey ColinCohen! Would you happen to have an update (11.5) version of Fast Cloth?

ColinCohen
06-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Talk about a blast from the past.

Sorry, I'm still using 8.5, believe it or not. :)

All the best,

Colin

Greenlaw
06-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Colin,

Yes, I was surprised to see this topic spring up too. That said, I would love to see Fast Cloth improved. I used Fast Cloth on many projects 'back in the day' and it made a lot of very complicated cloth and hair setups very doable in insanely tight schedules.

You wrote quite a few tools I considered essential for the time--non-linear morph immediately comes to mind. If you ever feel inspired or motivated, I would love to see new tools from you.

(Note to NewTek: please contact this developer and get him an update!) :)

G.

UnCommonGrafx
06-19-2013, 12:34 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.
Colin has been off in AD land and has learned a whole lot, I'm sure. Comp him a version to get your users some updated and powerful tools.

ColinCohen
06-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks, guys, for the kind words.

I used to get quite a bit of crap about my plugins (one of the main reasons I stopped releasing them), but never from professionals like you.

Colin

Samus
06-20-2013, 05:43 AM
:) Hey Colin! You should try 11.5 ... i was thinking of running it with Bullet Cloth so i did it old school Poly by Polygones... But just so you know This was one of my best experience in the lightwave community since. So blast from the past or NOT ... That "Thank you " Still stands for the time you spent to make a concept a reality. So if you got 5 Minutes Dowload LW 11.5 demo and have a blast at it!!! Cheers !! ;) and Thank's Again!

UnCommonGrafx
06-20-2013, 06:04 AM
Just so you know, Colin,
Your tools allowed clothfx/softfx be SO much more.
SymmRepair was the first.
You made a pose controller I made use of.
FPrimeViewer gets travelled to EVERY pc I use.

You made some rather specific and purposeful plugs that, yes, I am still using today because of their soundness of purpose.

Thanks.

Samus
06-20-2013, 06:16 AM
BTW ... sad to hear People would say crap about a helping Hand or Code. You helped me! and some others as you can see . Dont let gready people get to you. ;) ...just figured out 9 years has passed since....DAmn!!!!! :p

Phil
06-20-2013, 08:36 PM
I'd be happy to try and generate Mac ports, if the source could be provided :)