PDA

View Full Version : Morph problems

wizlon
08-03-2004, 10:38 AM
I have a floorplan of a city where each of the buildings is represented by a simple box
(flat), each of the buildings has a Morph Map which extends the building upwards, I want
to control the Morph based on distance to object (Null) is this possible?

I have tried normal displacement using Morph Map as my displacement direction and a
distance to object gradient for the texture, but each corner of the building is affected
separately, and I need the buildings roof to stay level.

Any help much appreciated.

wingwalker
08-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi

Ok...I think im over halfway there.

What I think might do it, it this: Create a null and have it as your target item, then create nulls at centeral points to your buildings (12 nulls) and move them 500mm below your model (not the target null). Set the target null as the target item for each building null.

This is where im getting stuck...im no wizz at expresions. What im planing is, to set up an expresion that says when the pitch of a building null is below 45 degrees the value for the particular morph map is 0, once it is above 45 degrees the value will start to rise, when its at 90 degrees the morph value is 100%.

you could obviousley set the lower limit to whatever, the higher the value, the closer to the building it has to be before the morph kicks in.

Does that make sence?
Anyone good at expresions?

Rob T

wizlon
08-09-2004, 03:29 AM
Thanks Wingwalker, sorry for the late reply, I've just returned from holiday.

I'll look into that, thanks for the help.

Regards.